On Facebook ....

Started by Tony Nitrous, Sunday, 29 October 2017, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Speedy1959

Now I know why I deleted my Facebook account !

Tony Nitrous

Did he need his membership "OK'd" by a moderator Vlad or is it all automatic ? 

Shame to lose a potential member.

Proteous

Its the simplest thing in the world and its all automated. Every now and again we admins have to intervene as an email throws up a false pos for spam but not often. What hes describing doesnt happen unless HE has done it wronge and cant follow simple instructions..
I am on facebook and i am in that group if you ever spot anyone having difficulties point them my way and i will sort it.. Jay Glenn on FB
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

Tony Nitrous

seth

i don't have facebook and dont intend getting it anytime soon .
i just don't like how it works and things get lost on the feed very quickly so I'll just stay on here.
i thought jay and others had pointed folk here in the past as needed . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tony Nitrous

Facebook has its pro's and con's.

Its OK for trivial banter, getting a quick reply / info, cop and traffic reports
and organising rides.  I've bought and sold through a few groups too.

It doesn't replace a forum for me.
Stuff like build threads or how to tech / info threads and long term threads
like where are you from or show us where you've been riding etc are much
better suited to a forum.

essexboydave

Reading this and I can't help but think slagging off potential new members with comments like "can't follow simple instructions" doesn't really give the best impression of the site.

Proteous

Quote from: essexboydave on Monday, 30 October  2017, 04:08 AM
Reading this and I can't help but think slagging off potential new members with comments like "can't follow simple instructions" doesn't really give the best impression of the site.

Your probably right but im in that group on FB too and i often read people slagging off the forum and moaning cuz they cant get on when clearly they can. It belittles all the hard work people have done here in a very public place and puts people off coming at all. FB has a habbit of bringing out the worst in people at times..

Beyond all of that.. seriously.. how hard is it to join these forums??? An untrained monkey could do it..  I truly am sorry if i offend anyone... ish
So if i do stuff all all day and noone sees me do it.. Am i still a lazy git?

gsxbarmy

It's up to them if they want to join or not, but as Administrators we have taken great care to ensure a simple process to join, and also check that the spamming software is working correctly (or in other words we catch the spammers not genuine people wanting to join).

Secondly, Tallman (who is an admin on the alternate site) hasn't contacted us at all to suggest there is an issue. Thirdly enough people with 1400's on both sites have my details and I've only ever been contacted once.

There were issues at one time in getting logged on if you used Firefox, but that was a Firefox and not a forum issue - long fixed.

If they want to slag us off then their loss. Some of course went off and started a NW GSX1400Owners Club before this one - maybe that's the one they are having issues with. Also many of "the old lags" referred to haven't joined on here but then that always was a bunch of owners who tended to do their own thing anyway.

I don't think this forum is any the less richer in banter or knowledge by those who have chosen not to join. Personally I enjoy the camerarderie of this new forum and the new friends I've made - as well as staying friends with "older" acquaintances.

Let's not get into rivalries. Enjoy what we have. If they want to slag us off, then let's not stoop to their level. It gets us nowhere IMO.

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

KiwiCol

I don't think this forum is any the less richer in banter or knowledge by those who have chosen not to join. Personally I enjoy the camerarderie of this new forum and the new friends I've made - as well as staying friends with "older" acquaintances.

Let's not get into rivalries. Enjoy what we have. If they want to slag us off, then let's not stoop to their level. It gets us nowhere IMO.

I completely agree Dave. It would have been nice if they had joined, but that's their call. It's no skin off our nose & we will not be bagging anyone, who, (for their own reasons) decides this new group isn't for them.  They'd be welcome anytime - just being clear on that too.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Del

Not to get down a kumbaya route but since inception this place has always been amicable no hostilities that I can recall - for instance there is a thread on the ZRX site that is 9 pages long all because someone has joined using the user name sambo people calling each other all sorts - it had to be locked out to stop the ranting.

I have a face book account but keep it to people I actually talk too - its a place for people too dumb in a lot of cases to have the ability to use google to find out what - what tyre pressure should I use- What tyres should I use - what oil should I use etc

were doing fine here

well done us  :clapping: :clapping: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh and the admin/mods as well :notworthy: :notworthy:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Sweaty

Well said boy's. I'm not on Facebook and don't plan to ever be.

As Del said, were doing just fine as it is.
:clapping: :cheers:

Notty

F**k Facebook I have real friends !!  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

grog

yep, doing fine. i dont facebook either, know nothing about. this place a daily read, as was previous site. had my bike quite a while but usually i learn someting most weeks. new ideas i really like. drl lights, last couple of weeks, never would of thought about, the tps connector test in grey plug, no more tank off. just two from memory. lots of other things. i enjoy. keeps me going i reckon. i read other brand forums sometimes, they can be amazing also. wish id had this stuff in 70s, 80s. 90s. lots of mistakes made with just me to talk to. enjoy fellas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk