Pirelli Angle GT 2's ?

Started by Yetiman, Sunday, 14 April 2024, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

I don't want to butt in on your & Seths comments on the Roadtec Bluey, but the difference could be the ambient temperature difference of your riding place compared to Seths.  Aussie is known as a tad warmer than Norf UK, specially in summer.

2c worth from across the ditch.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Metzler v Pirelli comments interesting. Both designed/ manufactured by Pirelli

Hooli

I had Roadtec 01s once. Great winter tyre as they seemed to work well in the cold & wet, heavy to turn though (but not as bad as Slipstones) and didn't last.

Batkwaka

I used them on the GSX1400 and my K1600. Good grip wet or dry, held its shape well and lasted a good distance.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

seth

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 16 April  2024, 09:46 PMI had Roadtec 01s once. Great winter tyre as they seemed to work well in the cold & wet, heavy to turn though (but not as bad as Slipstones) and didn't last.

I hated them mate worst tyre I've ever fitted gave no confidence for me in the wet . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

seth

Quote from: BlueDragon on Tuesday, 16 April  2024, 01:02 PM
Quote from: seth on Monday, 15 April  2024, 03:37 AMI really rate the pirelli angel gt2's as great in wet or dry and they last really well the back still stays round it they are very old .I get 8000 miles a set easily
Also like the Michelin road 5 (I assume the 6's are just as good if not better)
I really really hated the metzelar roadtec se 01 (worst tyres I've had fitted in 30 years to any bike)

What didn't you like about the Roadtecs?

I had the Roadtec01 on my VFR800 and they stuck like glue no matter the conditions.  Really comfortable tyres.  From brand new, I was able to push hard through corners, no waiting with a 200klm break in etc.

Conversely, when I fitted Angel GT's on my VFR and the 1400, they caused me to nearly need a change of pants at the first corner.  Felt like the whole bike was going to wipe out from underneath me and I was only going 40 around the first corner after being fitted..  Took about 400klms for the tyres to get any grip in them.  Also noted that whilst the Roadtec was very comfortable, with the same suspension settings and the Angel GT, the suspension felt like there was no give in it and was as rough as I had ever experienced.  Had to do a lot of adjustment to get comfort back with handling - but never quite got to the level the Roadtec allowed.  Once broken in the Angels were good, but at times, they gave me some but puckering moments in the wet and dry..  the rear has flattened off and the front has a centre flat spot as well as the sides becoming flat as well.    have about 10 thousand kays on them..  This is all two up riding with the wife on the back (about 50kg)  my ride is through the Oxley ranges - which for those in Australia would know, is an extremely winding mountain road - 300+ corners.

The 1400 is due for new tyres now, but we are heading into winter, so won't be riding much..  I'll wait for spring and repalce them..  was going to put on a set of the new Roadtec 02.  But I'd be interested in your thoughts on the Roadtec01SE, Seth..
Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 16 April  2024, 03:05 PMI don't want to butt in on your & Seths comments on the Roadtec Bluey, but the difference could be the ambient temperature difference of your riding place compared to Seths.  Aussie is known as a tad warmer than Norf UK, specially in summer.

2c worth from across the ditch.

As you know I live in Scotland (about half way up)
I know folm who liked them and live in Europe where its normally warmer then here .
For my they just gave no confidence.
I swapped to a pair of buses pirelli angel gt2's for a Europe trip they transformed my bike (loads better)
And put them back on my return (loads worse again) and when I fitted a set of Michelin road5"s the bike was back to its best again .
Just my thoughts with them
 :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Yetiman

Took the bike for a first ride on the GT2's around 50kms or so and they felt great I just cruised with a few spurt's Love them so far, Btw I put the 190/55 on the back I like it..

grog

Well done Mate,i doubt youll fault them. On my originals, 18 th k front, 24 k rear, good value.Yours sim or better.

Yetiman

Thanx Grog just got to get out and go for a real ride...Maybe down to Kiama for a Coffee.

Irish in Oz

While your at Kiama you could scrub them in doing Saddleback - Jamberoo - Macquarie Pass.

Yetiman

Yeah I live in Bowral area so go though Robinson Jamberoo to Kiama great ride.

Boa

I'm having Angel GT2s fitted next week, ordered at a local workshop in Chipping Campden. I could have got them slightly cheaper at Wheel House in Coleshill, but it's nice to support the local guy.

My current expiring set of Pilot Road2s lasted 8,000 miles. Very happy with them, but decided to go Pirelli this time.

If any of you are in the area, i really recommend Koti- Auto-Italia, just outside Chipping Campden on the road to Shipston.  Cafe and shop only open at weekends atm, but but probably go to 6 days fairly soon.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

Notty

[quote author=Boa link=msg=105872 date=1714841416

If any of you are in the area, i really recommend Koti- Auto-Italia, just outside Chipping Campden on the road to Shipston.  Cafe and shop only open at weekends atm, but but probably go to 6 days fairly soon.
[/quote]
I am on holiday in the Cotswolds for a few days end of may so will try and pop in to check it out  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Boa

Quote from: Notty on Yesterday at 03:46 AM[quote author=Boa link=msg=105872 date=1714841416

If any of you are in the area, i really recommend Koti- Autotalli, just outside Chipping Campden on the road to Shipston.  Cafe and shop only open at weekends atm, but but probably go to 6 days fairly soon.
I am on holiday in the Cotswolds for a few days end of may so will try and pop in to check it out  :)
[/quote]

It was buzzing today, i probably saw up to 50 different bikes dropping in and every rider chilled and chatted outside. Inside there are old bikes, a workshop and a hot drinks counter that sells extremely good coffee. Outside there's sufficient parking, as well as a burger van.  Ben, the proprietor, spent loads of time chatting outside with customers.

https://kotiautotalli.com/  (sorry, i got the name slightly wrong earlier)
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk