MCR 11 Lake Jindabyne 2019

Started by Bov, Wednesday, 14 November 2018, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bielie45

KiwiCol

That'd be cool Col, both of us going over for a wee look in on the Aussie MCR.  :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Hmm, that's a lot further away than I thought it was.

I hope there are going to be some folk from Brisbane taking a couple of days down and a couple back.
I'm not doing 14 hour days for anyone. 
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Irish in Oz

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 19 November  2018, 08:51 PM

I hope there are going to be some folk from Brisbane taking a couple of days down and a couple back.

That's not far, look at the distance I have to travel.

Snapey

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 19 November  2018, 08:51 PM

That's the reason why Rogues for many years pushed for Bathurst. Not my favourite venue because it's close to home but perfect for Mexicans & banana benders because it's central to all. Tell me if I'm wrong, but my idea of MCR's is a social get together of like minded people to talk shit, compare bikes and for some, a Saturday ride. The fact that it's central to people from the eastern states affords more chance of better attendance so for that reason alone I'll get on Rogues band wagon and suggest Bathurst for all future MCR's.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

GSX3

Vlad.

It is only an 18 hour ride, 1700 klm down the Newell hwy from home!!

Maybe 3 days🤔. 4 if you include Thunderbolt , Putty, Bell's Line etc

:drool:
2008 K7

GSX3

Yes. As Snapey and Rogues have mentioned,
perhaps a more central location will result in a
bigger turnout.

My 2 cents worth
2008 K7

Beaker

My opinion is definitely after the next one - is only fair that the boys that had to ride 2 pretty full on days this year get an easier ride to the next one as it was for us this year.

Vlad - it will be at least 2 days and 2 days back as has been done previously.

Bov

I'll be leaving on wednesday for a friday arvo arrival. Leaving sunday getting home tuesday. No problem. As for Bathurst, definitely next year for me. When we had it at bathurst the last few years we only got 4 one year and 6 the next. Thats why it was suggested to look for different venues as some complained they were over Bathurst every year.

VladTepes

I agree, Jindabyne 2019, say Bathurst 2020, and then decide after that.... :)

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

Updated MCR11 page:  http://gsx1400owners.org/wp/australia-mcr10-2018-2/

@Bov et al

Given any consideration to the route?

This is what someone else who's done the run mentioned to me:

Quote from: Thomas

I just got back from Jindabyne two weeks ago. Took me three days from Brissie to Jindy, First stop was Amidale, Second day was Lithgow then into Jindy. Spent three days on the way back as well but took the inland route home.

They're big days though if you're doing it all back to back, especially if you take the good (fun) roads. Personally I'd recommend sticking to about 400 km a day and spend a bit more time looking around. I was doing about 5-600 km a day on the way down.

Also, if you come in via the Snowy Mountain Highway (and you'd be mad not too, it's fantastic) there's a little shortcut from Adaminaby that's worth taking that I missed the first time I went through.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Bov

The usual I guess down thru Armidale to Bendemeer
Day 2 muswellbrook to bathurst or Cowra
Day 3 via tumut snowy mountains to jindy
Be around 500 per day

Snapey

Talking to Boothy today & we've decided to go to Jindabyne but was wondering if anyone from Sydney, Wollongong or further south would like to join us for the ride down. With my sleep problems it won't be the usual epic ride but it won't be main road either.

Sweaty & Taniwha have PM's.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Sweaty

Now you have thrown a spanner in the works Pete. Because now I really want to go, but am away the week & weekend before in Hong Kong for work (if all the protesting stops) and away on 2 different country trips in November as well.
I think that asking for the Friday off will piss my boss off (but who cares) and telling my other Boss  ;) that I am going away for another 3 days won't go down well (but she might actually be happy about it)  :grin:
Let me try and sort out my trips to fit in having the Friday off & I will run it pass the work Boss. Then I will TELL the other Boss what's happening  ;)

Bov

Just 3 months out from this event now . We're still holding onto 10 rooms so if you haven't booked please do so soon.
Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk