Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweaty

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Quote from: GSXKING on Monday, 23 April  2018, 09:45 AM
what does riding season mean  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:
In our case Chris, it means 1st January to 31st December.   :stir: :lol:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

In my case, usually middle of April till middle (end) of October  :thumbs_down:
All other time is for bike build (or not :) )

T 24

Quote from: northern on Monday, 23 April  2018, 05:01 PM
In my case, usually middle of April till middle (end) of October  :thumbs_down:
All other time is for bike build (or not :) )
Same here, normally

grog

i sort of wish we had a riding season and a fixing season. we dont, all done on the run. makes it hard sometimes.

northern

grog

northern, been there, had lots once. now happy with just one. today i re adjusted throttle cables. seem basic/simple. havent done for a long time. adjusted so tight as revs dont rise lock to lock. amazing the different feel on ride home. just seems everything working in unison, gear change etc. please check you blokes, just a major improvement for a simple task.

Kiwifruit

They certainly are sensitive to having rhat throttle adjustment just right.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Fitted some SW-Motech Vario Barbacks to my Explorer - these raise the height of the bars by 50mm (you can also add a spacer to raise by 60mm) and you can also adjust the rake back and forward. What a difference, so wish I had fitted a set of these to my 14 when I had it, as I could have got the sitting position just right for me.

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

northern

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 25 April  2018, 12:07 AM
Fitted some SW-Motech Vario Barbacks to my Explorer - these raise the height of the bars by 50mm (you can also add a spacer to raise by 60mm) and you can also adjust the rake back and forward. What a difference, so wish I had fitted a set of these to my 14 when I had it, as I could have got the sitting position just right for me.
I wondering for a long time - are those (or similar) any good...
What are benefits - relieve spine tension?

gsxbarmy

They do Northern as they enable one to sit more upright, but also angle the bars back to suit the length of ones arms - so enabling you to find the perfect sitting position for you. For me, I have a bad back, so just getting that little extra lift and being able to move the bars back has taken the tension off my spine and made it a much nicer bike to ride. Many owners of Triumph Explorers fit Rox Risers which do the same thing and which I did fit previously - the only reason I changed is because I prefer the way the Motech risers fit (the Rox Risers are all one piece, so making it a little difficult to torque down the standard clamps - the Motech are two piece, making it easier to torque down the standard clamps before fitting the bars)

Mine are the 28 to 28mm ones, you can get 22 to 22mm also 22 to 28, so from a 14 point of view, you can use the standard bars, or fit fat bars if you prefer. ALso they do them in silver or black so one can take ones choice.

If one is struggling to find the ideal sitting position, these could be the answer  :onya:

Macon

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Wednesday, 25 April  2018, 12:07 AM

No problems with your brake lines barmy?

gsxbarmy

No - they are just long enough (fortunately) - ok, there is no slack per se when on full lock, but then not tight either. Make it a much more comfortable ride though  :onya:

grog

great looking kit Barmy. not sure why , my back also not the best, had risers, sore back, went back to standard height, much better, now thinking of lower bars. funny how us humans are so different. problem with lower bars, at least in past, i go quicker. i once took clip ons off ducati, fitted higher to save my licence. worked well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk