News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Snapey, great choice to rebuild. beautiful bikes. RickC mate did one not so long ago. i sent him original sales brochure for it. sorry i dont have another.

IanH

ARH

Started after winter layup...  1st time off the button  :onya:  Oil change and new K&N oil filter fitted... running smooth as.  Wheels off on Monday for new tyres, front calipers to be cleaned up, new pads and front end cleanup while I'm there.   
In case you are wondering... still a bit too cold and showery for a run out this weekend..
And yes I am a wuss  :rofl2:

Red Biker

Go careful on the new tyres ARH I've seen lots give it too much too soon  :onya:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Andre

Continental claims (confirmed by some) that there tires (Road Attack 3) don't need scrubbing in. Still tending to wards Michelin Road 5. Won't be till next year though. Maybe mid-season a new rear Metzeler Z8 first.

ARH

Quote from: Red Biker on Saturday, 31 March  2018, 06:11 AM
Go careful on the new tyres ARH I've seen lots give it too much too soon  :onya:

Cheers Red.... yep seen one or two having a wobbly 'momemt' on new tyres... will be taking it very easy for the first 100km or so...  :)

Red Biker

Quote from: Andre on Saturday, 31 March  2018, 06:52 AM
Continental claims (confirmed by some) that there tires (Road Attack 3) don't need scrubbing in. Still tending to wards Michelin Road 5. Won't be till next year though. Maybe mid-season a new rear Metzeler Z8 first.

I've seen goo prices on the Road 4 now the 5 is out so may go for that Andre
  :onya:

Andre

The Continental Road Attack 3 is a great tire but... it's advantages are more for the sportive rider. If you want grip grip grip go for it. Otherwise you might be better of with another tire. Not much one can do wrong with any of the newer sport touring tires (even some of the older ones like the Angel).

northern

So, today I finally finish some rear-end projects started month ago:

• Rear brake had bad paint and also get warm during riding - one of the pistons was stainless steel from pro-bolt, and I think it have silently bigger diameter then OEM piston. Because of this, pads never loose contact whit brake rotor and that cause heating.
    To solve this issue OEM pistons were purchased and fitted. Also, caliper was covered with epoxy primer, gold wheel paint and clear coat on top of this. Hope it will last, or it will be redone next winter :)
  • Gold torque arm.why not...  :whistling:
  • Swing get epoxy primer and went back. Almost...
  • Same with caliper bracket - it was pain to clear it, when it was polished
All together: like how it looks, but now I see torque arm could also be black  :)

Almost forget - new DID zvm-x gold chain also was fitted.

KiwiCol

Looks a cracker Northern!  Very nice.  I intend to do my calipers one day
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 03 April  2018, 08:34 AM
Looks a cracker Northern!  Very nice.  I intend to do my calipers one day

Yep have to agree, looking sharp Northern.
Gave my front calipers a bit of a birthday over the weekend. Really do need painting. Cleaned the bike, headers came up nice. Polished the paintwork.
Wifey complemented the bike on its good looks, l stood back.....
Nice, just like the bike !!
  :worshippy:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Red Biker

Yeah I like it Northern, it all works well,
I even did the end of the spindle in Black as it pokes through the adjuster blocks  :grin:

@ kiwifruit just to clarify the wife was complimenting the bike on its looks?

shanered6

Northen that looks realy sweet and i think the brake arm looks good in gold !  :onya:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

northern

thx, mates.

@Red Biker
I keep ens unpainted on purpose - they have nice rough look, and also ends will get max abuse during wheel change, so paint will not last there.

Regarding wheel change - I was thinning to purchase second rear wheel and have it with some old tire on. For everyday rides, I would use normal Pilot Roads, but sometimes (for example for bike rallies) install spare wheel on a bike and do some hooligans burnouts....  :devil: (I know, I'm mentally 9...  :lol:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk