News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trav Man

Quote from: Andre on Saturday, 06 January  2018, 09:21 PM
Cool  :onya:

How is she coming along with the little beast?
She's waiting until we replace the plastics and grips to pink then look out  :boogie:
I've learnt so much from my mistakes that I'm thinking of making some more ;D

Andre

Notty

New "short arse" Hagon Nitro's fitted and test ride - yippeeeee  :) :) :) :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Very nice Geoff - looks like you didn't have to adjust the SAG much  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Hooli

I did a bit more on taking my kitchen ornament apart. Almost ready to get the frame welded & then I can think about cleaning it up, sorting the paint & starting to put it together again. The last step will take a while as I'm rebuilding bits as I go.

Gixerkid

Picked up my 14 last weekend,been busy this weekend fitting new(new to me) rear shocks (thanks to Notty) oil and filter change and today new fork oil and sorted the leaky for seal..., now only one problem left to solve the bloody ignition switch....and a big thanks to Dave for all the info :onya:

Andre

KiwiCol

Started the adaptions & modifications today when I got home from holiday. First up as a wash & degrease.  Mega chain lube & grit behind the plastic clutch / sprocket cover, gone now. Bled the clutch - wee drama in that but sorted it. Replaced the blown rear bulb - they're tight to get at aye. Tightened the clamp for the clutch lever / mirror assy, was loose & moving around. Fitted the rego label & the WOF label where they can be seen, not under the seat, polished the forks & engine covers. Cleaned & lubed the chain. This will need tightening as too much slack in it. Adjusted the indicators that were mounted wonky. Put some polish on the paint work & noticed the frame is rubbed bare from PO's boots on both sides - touch up req. Checked rear wheel alignment - yep fine. Will do an oil & filter change tomorrow, have to get a filter though, normally would have 1 ready, but not long used it in the black & haven't replaced yet.

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

Sounds like an appropriate celebration of the in several regards fortunate outcome of your crash. Life is good :cheers:

lawrie

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 08 January  2018, 06:43 AM
I did a bit more on taking my kitchen ornament apart. Almost ready to get the frame welded & then I can think about cleaning it up, sorting the paint & starting to put it together again. The last step will take a while as I'm rebuilding bits as I go.

Hooli,

Is that a OIF Triumph??  If so, you might want to consider cobbling up some sort of oil-filter as I did, since the mesh strainer at the bottom leaves a lot to be desired!!

I fabricated a bracket & mounted a spin-on removable filter just under the r/side cover, well out of the way, but very easy to get at, it can just be seen in line with the kick-start lever.
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

Red Biker

Quote from: KiwiCol on Saturday, 13 January  2018, 06:39 PM
Started the adaptions & modifications today when I got home from holiday. First up as a wash & degrease.  Mega chain lube & grit behind the plastic clutch / sprocket cover, gone now. Bled the clutch - wee drama in that but sorted it. Replaced the blown rear bulb - they're tight to get at aye. Tightened the clamp for the clutch lever / mirror assy, was loose & moving around. Fitted the rego label & the WOF label where they can be seen, not under the seat, polished the forks & engine covers. Cleaned & lubed the chain. This will need tightening as too much slack in it. Adjusted the indicators that were mounted wonky. Put some polish on the paint work & noticed the frame is rubbed bare from PO's boots on both sides - touch up req. Checked rear wheel alignment - yep fine. Will do an oil & filter change tomorrow, have to get a filter though, normally would have 1 ready, but not long used it in the black & haven't replaced yet.

Hi Col
For the 'boot rub area' I use a piece of vinyl much more harder wearing than paint and you don't see it 👍
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Hooli

Quote from: lawrie on Saturday, 13 January  2018, 11:02 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 08 January  2018, 06:43 AM

Hooli,

Is that a OIF Triumph??  If so, you might want to consider cobbling up some sort of oil-filter as I did, since the mesh strainer at the bottom leaves a lot to be desired!!

I fabricated a bracket & mounted a spin-on removable filter just under the r/side cover, well out of the way, but very easy to get at, it can just be seen in line with the kick-start lever.

Already done old chap. Spin on filter fits under the swingarm pivot & is virtually invisible once the bike is built up, doesn't spill when changed either as it fits vertical.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Snapey

It's been a while but today I got to ride the 14. Boy did it run like shit. Just wouldn't rev .... it now does because I have an external fuel filter & spent all of five minutes cleaning it
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk