News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

New Lid

Started by Kiwifruit, Monday, 17 May 2021, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

For some time now l have been looking to replace my old and rather tatty Shoei GT Air. Tried on lots and my preference was the GT Air. Price was a hurdle at $1100.
Now buying a secondhand helmet is not normally my thing. But.....seeing a secondhand one for sale nearby l couldnt resist giving the fella a call. He said it was in mint condition so l went for a look.
My new lid is now the same as my old GT Air, not the mk2 but it's  like new. Well happy,  $400 and with a brand new clear visor  :onya:

Wore it yesterday and nteresting thing is just about every bike gave us a wave. Even management mentioned it. Am thinking my old black and white with a bit of hi-vis yellow may have looked a bit like a copper.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Awesome, ive got the  GT air II and just fitted the Sena comm system to it.  Works well
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Good on ya mate, looks as new alright & 400 notes is excellent buying.  I'm happy with my Nolan Flip face (or modular) hat. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Well done Col. Sure looks like new.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Monday, 17 May  2021, 03:12 PM
Awesome, ive got the  GT air II and just fitted the Sena comm system to it.  Works well

Yes they said Sena make an intercom that goes straight in the mk2
We have a Sena system its the slim one, about 6 years old works well so will put it in the new lid.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Yep plugs straight  in,  even has recesses built in to run the mike and ear speakers. Battery pack and transceiver sits in the back. Has a mini usb for charging and software updates via bt and sena app.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

It's the right colours !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

So is this one

grog

Mine matches also, at least i think so. 12 months with flip up LS2 now. Cant fault it.

1AW022

which model of LS2 is that one ?

I was looking at LS2 and Nolans for the next one due soon

grog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk