News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

RJays Tour Air

Started by steve porter, Wednesday, 13 January 2021, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve porter

Picked up one of these the other day and used it for the first time today as it was pretty warm, around 30c, shit it makes a huge difference having the mesh

https://www.mcas.com.au/shop/item/rjays-tour-air-black-jacket-05?gclid=Cj0KCQiArvX_BRCyARIsAKsnTxNSLdwYc0_FSb3neWUKSua3uUoRIF7L_Yvse_o9kmxS8Gbnv6zRhsAaAtV-EALw_wcB

VladTepes

Similar to the RST mesh jacket I have - though mine is in desperate need of replacement it appears to have been made for someone skinnier....

Mesh is a necessity here in QLD !

That RJAYs one looks great, but I am very wary of sizing problems ordering online I prefer to try on somewhere.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

Cool found a seller near me so can try on

EasyR
2/97 Delta Street, Geebung Queensland 4034, Australia
(07) 3216 2251
sales@easyr.com.au
MON - FRI: 8.30am to 5.00pm
SAT - SUN: CLOSED  <- these places really should open thursday evening or sat morning for us 9-5 type workers.

https://www.easyr.com.au/rjays-tour-air-jacket-black-black
(touring style only basic armour/back protector but separate removable thermal liner etc)

There's also an air-tech... same price

https://www.easyr.com.au/rjays-air-tech-jacket-black-white
(better armour, more sport-bikey)

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

RJays are good. My old one nearly 10 yrs old, still excellent, one broken zip,removeable liner ripped. Still a great Summer jacket. Doesnt get used much, Shark for Summer, DriRider for Winter. DriRider are better quality, superb jacket.

Eric GSX1400K3

Agreed, got the dri-rider last winter, rode down to Bunbury at night (about 200km) was about 10 deg C and colder with windchill.  Was very comfortable and warm
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Having two jackets could be problematic if you are going on a trip with both hot and cold areas!

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 14 January  2021, 07:31 AM
Having two jackets could be problematic if you are going on a trip with both hot and cold areas!

Zup in liner? Makes 1 jacket into 2
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

steve porter

as i`m too lazy to piss around with liners and there is an average of 5 degrees difference between home and where I go every day, I`m running 4 different jackets now depending on what the weather app tells me. the mesh one will stay just that and only be used without the liners, wheras my Dririder is for cold and the liner stays put, I have a waterproof Dianese for cool days and an Alpine stars with Zip vents for warmish days

VladTepes

I'm hard pressed convincing the missus I need one jacket.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: steve porter on Thursday, 14 January  2021, 08:52 AM
as i`m too lazy to piss around with liners and there is an average of 5 degrees difference between home and where I go every day, I`m running 4 different jackets now depending on what the weather app tells me. the mesh one will stay just that and only be used without the liners, wheras my Dririder is for cold and the liner stays put, I have a waterproof Dianese for cool days and an Alpine stars with Zip vents for warmish days

3 jackets for me, 1 leather, oldest and most comfy, but fabric elastic top on arms makes it too cold in winter, one summer mesh Rjays and my dri rider winter jacket. 

grog

If i only had one jacket, Dririder would do it. 4 zips for air flow, just lower main zip for extra, would be ok for Summer. For our Winter, its warm without liner, medium liner fitted is just too warm, cold liner also, would make it a sauna. Liners fold up to nothing, easy to stash under seat. Certainly a jacket for anywhere. Best part was gumtree special, cost him nearly $700. As new, i paid $60 including 2 extra liners.

steve porter

I got the dririder caus I was too fat for the Dianese  and the alpine stars but have since lost 15 kegs and can fit back in them, different bloody temp ever day down here is the reason for having them all set up for different scenarios . I leave at much the same time every day and this week 20 on Tuesday 30 on Wednesday and 15 today

Mick_J

Never gets warm enough to wear a mesh jacket here, :whistling: although some nutters think it's warm enough for vests, flip flops and shorts.  :whatever:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

VladTepes

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 14 January  2021, 06:30 PM
If i only had one jacket, Dririder would do it. 4 zips for air flow, just lower main zip for extra, would be ok for Summer. For our Winter, its warm without liner, medium liner fitted is just too warm, cold liner also, would make it a sauna. Liners fold up to nothing, easy to stash under seat. Certainly a jacket for anywhere. Best part was gumtree special, cost him nearly $700. As new, i paid $60 including 2 extra liners.

Score.

What's it like in summer?

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Vlad, i use my Shark in Summer. Have a run to Helensvale to their shop. Not expensive, quality of mine is good, they have lots of choice, or did so when on Sunny Coast. They do have a four seasons jacket. Dririder is a heavy duty jacket, i really like it. Id use it in Summer, just open the zip vents, i dont because of choices i have. As said b4, would be my choice if i had just one jacket.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk