GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Now New owner of a 1400

Started by BlueDragon, Sunday, 21 April 2019, 07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueDragon

Quote from: Roo on Monday, 24 February  2020, 03:20 PM
  170kms today plus a cigar and a coffee in Pahiatua NZ

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make here?

If you talking about distance. Then my wife and I ride from Tamworth through the Oxley and to Port Macquarie for Fish and Chips lunch and then back home again in the same day. Total 580 kms in a day.  Do this almost every saturday.  If not all the way to Port Macquarie, we ride through to Wauchope for lunch then back to Tamworth - about 520kms in a day.  Hence why I wanted a little more wind protection comfort than the small "fly screen" I have currently installed.

grog

Pity youve done all that and selling. Gotta do what you gotta do. Youre thinking of Blackbird, try a FJR Yam.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Monday, 24 February  2020, 06:37 PM
Pity youve done all that and selling. Gotta do what you gotta do. Youre thinking of Blackbird, try a FJR Yam.

A blackbird belonging to mate of mine lay in my shed for about a year with a problem in the ABS, it's still there he took my FJR for a ride and never brought it back. They are a quick bike but it's too sporty in riding position for me on long rides.

Roo

Quote from: BlueDragon on Monday, 24 February  2020, 04:36 PM
Quote from: Roo on Monday, 24 February  2020, 03:20 PM
  170kms today plus a cigar and a coffee in Pahiatua NZ

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make here?

If you talking about distance. Then my wife and I ride from Tamworth through the Oxley and to Port Macquarie for Fish and Chips lunch and then back home again in the same day. Total 580 kms in a day.  Do this almost every saturday.  If not all the way to Port Macquarie, we ride through to Wauchope for lunch then back to Tamworth - about 520kms in a day.  Hence why I wanted a little more wind protection comfort than the small "fly screen" I have currently installed.
Nah mate just postin !   170 kms a run is plenty for me ,the cigar and coffee are just as important. I'm nearly 71  but this bike has probably given me another 5 years at least ? 

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Snapey on Monday, 24 February  2020, 02:51 AM
You can't be serious. That fairing certainly copped a hiding with the ugly stick.

I tried a Givi std size fairing on mine for a week, hated the thing, offered no wind protection, in fact forced the air onto  the top half of the helmet, vibrated to buggery even with the givi mounts.  Took it off and resold it.

Naked 1402 for me always
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

DP1400

I`ve never understood why anyone buys a `naked musclebike` then complains about a headwind and spoils it completely by fitting a headlamp fairing, or similar!
For seriously fast long distance work, just buy a Kawa ZZR1400. For touring maybe the Ninja H2 Performance Tourer.....? No, i`m not a Kawasaki Rep, but for goodness sake, enjoy the `14 for what it is, a ballistic roadster, and put up with a bit of a draught.....just saying..... :whistling:!

Andre

grog

I saw a Ducati Srambler last week, huge great Harley touring type fairing but knobby tyres. Now that is something i dont understand.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: DP1400 on Wednesday, 26 February  2020, 07:25 AM
I`ve never understood why anyone buys a `naked musclebike` then complains about a headwind and spoils it completely by fitting a headlamp fairing, or similar!
For seriously fast long distance work, just buy a Kawa ZZR1400. For touring maybe the Ninja H2 Performance Tourer.....? No, i`m not a Kawasaki Rep, but for goodness sake, enjoy the `14 for what it is, a ballistic roadster, and put up with a bit of a draught.....just saying..... :whistling:!

I can't understand why people buy a quiet bike and then make it noisy.

Andre

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Wednesday, 26 February  2020, 07:12 PM
I can't understand why people buy a quiet bike and then make it noisy.

Because you can't buy them noisy. Bikes are getting more quiet to conform to the law.

Irish in Oz

So if you make them noisy you must be breaking the law  :whistling:

DP1400

All depends on how noisy! My `12 had an `ART` can; my Blade a `Power Devil` can, and my `14 has `Carbon Can Co.` cans. I`ve not run any with the removable baffles in place, and all have sailed through MOT`s at different MOT stations.

They all sound fantastic without being obtrusive and give the bikes a little more character without being OTT. :onya:

Irish in Oz

Is a dB sound check done at the MOT station! It may be stamped on your exhaust silencer.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/july/legal-advice-motorbike/

Andre

Cops here give a 5 decibel tolerance. Above that you pay. Do they find that the exhaust has been manipulated you pay more and they may deny you riding it until fixed. May even confiscate it for an expert investigation. Gets expensive quickly.

Original noise is more than enough for me. PO had destroyed the baffling of the cans. I got like new originals from a cop who liked a little more noise for his 14. I know another cop who had his 14 oem cans manipulated :lol:

DP1400

I`ve never known a dB sound check being done at an MOT station, and my old `ART` can was even stamped `not for road use` (though it wasn`t that loud!). The tester told me that unless they have a standard bike in at the time in to compare it with, then no problem. I was happy with that, though i didn`t believe entirely what he said!! Anyhow, it would never had been a problem as i always have the standard cans in my garage.

I note that, according to the MCN article link, max permitted dB levels are 82-86, and the cops use 90 as their max. allowance? How daft is that - every piece of landscaping machinery i have in my shed is rated at over 95dB!!! :confused1:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk