News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

K 7 Yoshimura

Started by Leyther, Tuesday, 13 February 2024, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyther

Are the K7 standard Yoshimura end cans hard to come by, asking as would like one but not having much luck, it would need to be unmarked if anyone has such a thing for sale. As in my other post, something to replace the bazooka but is as quiet is the target.
Why shake, rattle and roll when you can ride in style, get yourself a GSX1400..........................Any colour as long as its?

seth

They do come up but not often and can be expensive.
Renember you'll need the extra stop that stops the sidestand coming up to far and hitting the swing arm.
Good luck
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Leyther

Well - i have what i wanted, premium price but brand new, and keeps the bike original.

Why shake, rattle and roll when you can ride in style, get yourself a GSX1400..........................Any colour as long as its?

Kiwifruit

Very nice Leyther, well done you  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Well done Mate👍Pay the bucks, get what you want. Now to fit the centrestand bracket, its not friendly.

Leyther

Hmmm - sounds like you know the stand bracket can be testing, got any advice or tips ?

grog

Im no expert, only fitted it once. I left stand in place, spring still on. Fair bit of improvising to get bracket on and bolt back thru, fighting the spring.Probably a better way but that was mine.Sorry, not much help.

Leyther

Quote from: grog on Friday, 16 February  2024, 09:36 AMIm no expert, only fitted it once. I left stand in place, spring still on. Fair bit of improvising to get bracket on and bolt back thru, fighting the spring.Probably a better way but that was mine.Sorry, not much help.

What a job! - left the stand off for the time being, one, to let my skinned knuckles heal, and two, to get myself a spring puller that will simplify the job, nothing ever simple with a Suzuki.    LOL.

grog

Yeah Mate, crap horrible frustrating job, just not fun. Ive seen where they extend spring and fit spacers in it, coins,washers etc. I had spring on, managed to get lhs up and bolt started, think i used jack to get other side in position, bike even started to topple over that way.Yoshi is worth the hassle, get those end baffles out and enjoy the sound,one of the best IMO

Andre

Quote from: Leyther on Sunday, 18 February  2024, 05:31 PM
Quote from: grog on Friday, 16 February  2024, 09:36 AMIm no expert, only fitted it once. I left stand in place, spring still on. Fair bit of improvising to get bracket on and bolt back thru, fighting the spring.Probably a better way but that was mine.Sorry, not much help.

What a job! - left the stand off for the time being, one, to let my skinned knuckles heal, and two, to get myself a spring puller that will simplify the job, nothing ever simple with a Suzuki.    LOL.

Yeah...it's a challenge (PIA). Once I used a "ratchet strap" things went from  :furious:  to easy. Put the springs and the stand in place on the one side, then ratchet the stand in place from the other side. can't remember where I looped the strap around, but should be "obvious". Good luck.

Leyther

Feck, what a job, had the bike up on its skylift and the thing was skating on the floor due to the force i was using trying to get the centre stand back on, this was the second attempt and its clearly two rounds up to the stand, however i'm not beaten yet but must confess i have started to consider leaving it off  as i have the skylift and paddock stands if needs must.

Phill P

I've not really looked at the centre stand but when I refitted it on my xjr in was a cinch, why is the gsx so difficult. As a side note getting the gsx on the centre stand is much easier than my xjr ever was.

grog

Leyther, there is another way. Can make up a bracket from right angle aluminium. Just fits on rhs of centrestand bolt. I made one, will look for pic. I sent it to a 14 owner who wanted it, he never even said thanks.

Leyther

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 25 February  2024, 08:45 PMLeyther, there is another way. Can make up a bracket from right angle aluminium. Just fits on rhs of centrestand bolt. I made one, will look for pic. I sent it to a 14 owner who wanted it, he never even said thanks.
Thanks Grog, its an option ................if i ever get the freaking thing back on LOL.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk