Oh hell YES !!!!! Retro looks plus power! handling! brakes!

Started by VladTepes, Thursday, 22 March 2018, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Now, where's that winning lotto ticket....

from bike exif:

Suzuki Hayabusa by Falk Dirla

It's hard to believe we've been tolerating 'Busa bros and their LED-lit, stretched-swingarm customs for two decades—but lo and behold, the Hayabusa is turning twenty. And while the peregrine falcon-inspired plastics never rocked my world, this retro-tastic reimagining has me feelin' a touch squidly.

Modeled after a 1989 GSX-R1100, this restomod is a tight and tidy representation of what could have (nay, should have) been. Instead of bulbous bodywork, Falk Dirla worked some magic to deliver slab-sided, late eighties elegance to his once busted 'Busa.

Starting with a stripped and beaten 2000 GSX1300R, Falk put the 175 hp mill on the bench for a rebuild, after a timing problem caused the engine to eat itself a few years back. Once it was running smooth and strong, he let his experience as a tuner on air-cooled first generation Gixxers take over.

On the chassis side, Falk hacked away at the subframe to so he could squeeze on some bodywork from three different eBay sourced Gixxers. The OEM tank underwent some massaging to match aesthetics and to enable fitment of the new/old plastics. As a restomod it totally rocks and I'm a fan of Falk's sense of humour, too. It can be appreciated with his German phrasing throughout with the "Bremse" brakes, "Ohldrin" (oil in it) forks and Suzuki Advanced Comical System stickers

more pics, and some stuff in German:
https://www.motorradonline.de/test/vorstellung-dirla-suzuki-gsx-r-1300-hayabusa.842754.html

In short....

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Sweaty

Andre

Very cool :)

It can be had for a ransom of 10000 €. Why a ransom? The poor bike is located in Switzerland where max speed is 120 km/h. Much above that and it gets confiscated and you go to jail.

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

T 24

It's The best looking Busa with plastics I have ever seen!! Not coyote ugly at all. Only naked Busas look better.

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Blubber

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 23 March  2018, 12:35 AM
Quote from: Blubber on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 09:05 PM
Just saw this bike on the web  :onya:

Umm, this IS the web !  [emoji14]  :whistling:
Thanks...Let me rephrase :

Just saw this bike elsewhere on the Web :-P
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

VladTepes

@Andre yep the Swiss have no sense of humour about fast cars at all.

Makesyou wonder how the Beck LM 800 even happened.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Andre

@VladTepes Lots of great engineers in Switzerland. The EGLI-Kawasaki Bonneville (Swiss tuner) was my dream bike when young. Zero to 100 in 3 secońds, 0 - 200 in 10 seconds. Vmax 265 km/h. Not bad for a 1979 bike. Today that means in 10 seconds to jail for 2 years (for going 80 over on their "Autobahn") :thumbs_down:

The Swiss are starting to see the error of their ways as they have noticed the discrepancy in jail times for speed violations compared to various crimes. Will see if they decrease punishment for speed violation or increases for other crimes.

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

There ya go Tony, a project & a half for ya. You've probably got most of the stuff required anyway & the skills to do it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Yeah, it's been around a while.

It's a Gen-1 Busa (99-07) and GSXR1100 G/H/J style paint and panels.

A Gen-1 worth owning starts around $5k and all the panels like the aftermarket race seat are available as race- glass from the US from places like airtech etc.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSXR11001986-88.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk