News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

TT TRIP

Started by urbanus, Yesterday at 07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbanus

Well......haven't been on here for a while, pity really because its a great site with shed loads of useful information etc. but I'm just crap at social media, telling what I'm up to etc.
That said, I am going to be on my way from the Allier (France) up to the TT for a week or so and I thought that was worth bragging about!

Since I picked up the 1400 last year its been my go to bike which surprised me really because I only bought it because the price was right and it had done such a stupid low mileage I thought it was too good to pass up.  The original idea was to tidy it up, bang a few miles on it, relive my misspent youth (I had a GSX 1100 when I still had hair and could fit in my jeans without stopping breathing), and flog it on.  That idea lasted until I actually rode the bloody thing and found I loved it.  So much so that my Griso hasn't moved yet this summer, although that might also be because France has never been so sodding wet. 

Anyway, continuing in the "reliving my misspent youth" theme I spent most of that travelling to Europe for the 24hrs races, particularly Spa in Belgium, so when the 24hr race was back on again last year the first thing I did was take a trip to Spa last year on the 1400.  Had a fantastic trip, great weather and turned out a good job I did it because this year its gone back to an 8hr race ???

So...2024 comes around and I think again that maybe I should sell the 1400.  I'm sitting in a cafe in a nearby town and a ropey looking bloke gets off a Triumph Thruxton and sits at the next table and orders a water - looks bloody knackered and is walking like he just got of that mule in  Two mules for Sister Sarah (or whatever it was called) - serves him right I thought, nice looking bike but hard work for putting long miles on when you are well past the first flush of youth. Anyway, I recognise his T shirt as from a club I used to know when I lived in Belgium 40 years ago so we start talking and it turns out he's just booked his 16th trip to the TT and goes all over the place on the Thruxton which goes some way to explaining his gait.  He basically called me a wus for faffing around when I have all this Suzuki goodness which is positively itching for another decent trip.

And so, because I bought cheap 1400, stupidly got addicted to it, want to think Im 24 again and met some random bloke in a cafe in the middle of rural France.....I'm off to the TT on it in a little over a week.  Lets see how straight I walk after a 1800m mile round trip !!

Blubber

Nice one. From what i hear, you will enjoy the trip. As for straight walking,  you can always blame it on the Stella  :worshippy:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk