News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Winter Gloves

Started by grog, Wednesday, 06 May 2020, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Any recommendations on warm but not too bulky gloves. Gauntlet style,new jacket has stupid do up velcro straps, want some that just go over sleeve without doing straps up.

Notty

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 06 May  2020, 06:07 PM
Any recommendations on warm but not too bulky gloves. Gauntlet style,new jacket has stupid do up velcro straps, want some that just go over sleeve without doing straps up.
Does it get that cold down there?? I use mitten type gloves  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

GSXKING

"Five5 Gloves" make a pretty good range of lighter weight winter gloves for our environment @grog https://five-gloves.com/en/home/  :onya: :onya:

Available at most bike shops around Brisbane  :hat:

I've had a winter pair for years they only get used for maybe two weeks per year.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Irish in Oz

Quote from: GSXKING on Wednesday, 06 May  2020, 06:21 PM
I've had a winter pair for years they only get used for maybe two weeks per year.

Do you wear your fluffy slippers with them  :stir:

grog

Yeah Notty, get a few months where mornings down to 4-6. I live just below mountain range, warms up as i get closer to coast.

Kiwifruit

I like those gauntlet style gloves Notty.  My hands get cold and numb in the winter these days.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

DP1400

I suppose it depends on the mileage being covered, but I`d start at heated grips and a good pair of leather winter lined gloves, plus a pair of lightweight waterproof over mittens for the cold wet days. Keep `em under the seat as a precaution.

grog

Thanks fellas. I have already 3 pairs of winter gloves. Not cold enough for heated grips. Basically looking for some that have wide opening for sleeve to fit in without doing up sleeve straps, they are a pain. Will go to bike clothing shop and try.

Eric GSX1400K3

Picked these up the other day as my 8yo winter gloves had split on both hands at index finger and were letting water in.  Tried them out today, was about 11-12 deg including wind chill, no probs at all, nice warm hands and no cramps in thumbs as i normally get. Went well with the pussy grips too.

Gauntlet is good, not too long and inner wrist elastic seems to seal nice but not too tight.  Together with my new winter touring jacket i was able to get the jacket sleeves over the gauntlet so no cold air leaking in.

Pretty good value for AUD 199
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: GSXKING on Wednesday, 06 May  2020, 06:21 PM
"Five5 Gloves" make a pretty good range of lighter weight winter gloves for our environment @grog https://five-gloves.com/en/home/  :onya: :onya:

Available at most bike shops around Brisbane  :hat:

Ha  just saw this after my post.  Agree, good gloves.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Winter coming, not super cold here but down to 4 some mornings. Need new long cuff gloves, not heated type.Less bulky the better, your choices Gentlemen?

Notty

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 31 March  2022, 06:48 PM
Winter coming, not super cold here but down to 4 some mornings. Need new long cuff gloves, not heated type.Less bulky the better, your choices Gentlemen?
I use this type Grog - still able to use 2 finger braking and keeps fingers warm.
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

GSXKING

@Notty he's in Australia not Antarctica  :facepalm:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Rynglieder

Surely we are missing a trick here - spring is about to well, spring up here.

How about we Europeans all post our winter gloves down to our antipodean friends in return for thier summer ones?

Our glove buying budgets would be halved in an instant allowing more cash for beer, loose women or Morris dancing costumes depending on how you spend the rest of your leisure time.

Discuss...

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Rynglieder on Thursday, 31 March  2022, 09:05 PM
Surely we are missing a trick here - spring is about to well, spring up here.

How about we Europeans all post our winter gloves down to our antipodean friends in return for thier summer ones?

Our glove buying budgets would be halved in an instant allowing more cash for beer, loose women or Morris dancing costumes depending on how you spend the rest of your leisure time.

Discuss...

Ok, I'm starting a winter-summer courier business, will be a  captive market.  You glove buying budget will be converted to a postage budget

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk