Givi Pannier Rack Option

Started by Granty, Thursday, 04 October 2018, 02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

Givi luggage fits with full akroprovic system no problem as that's the set up I had on my k2 .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Rh4000

It's such a shamp you can't get the Oxford quick release Evo ones but any kind of panniers is definitely a bonus, soft bags are a pain in the tits.

Vfr800 it is :boogie:

Stepdoug

The triumph ones were Spain to fit. But the vfr ones which I now have are a lot easier.
Got a new set from a company in Barcelona for £83 ish Inc post

Mark Paine

I'm not into panniers, and as I usually ride solo, I've made a tandem top box set up for my 1400.
Makes for easier filtering, and with a pad on the front box, I have something to rest against.
Picture isn't the best, but it's the only one in my phone with the boxes on the bike at the moment.
Cheers.
Mark...

Mark Paine

Can't attach the picture!

seth

Each to thier own as ever but I can't see the point of the 2nd too box over the seat .
My question would be how do you get the seat off if you need And if you don't your lossing all the underwear storage space .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

I have a set up similar to that, not that i wanted it, but thanks to my mate Sweaty  :laugh:

Mark Paine

It's only held on by 4 bolts, so takes seconds to get off.
How many does one need?🤣

Mark Paine

I've been using this set up since 2008 and it's been good.

Mark Paine

That should say, how many pants does one need?

Notty

Quote from: Mark Paine on Sunday, 13 October  2019, 10:47 PM
That should say, how many pants does one need?
My uncle was a pilot in the RAF  in WW2 - he say one pair every 4 days - front to back then turn inside out and start again  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 30 July  2019, 03:16 PM
My concern is around whether I can fit panniers given the Akro can, which is higher than the stock exhaust.

Works fine with the correct pannier racks so if these others are at the same height (& it looks like they are as they match the top rail) it'll be fine.

V_i_c_i

Rh4000

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Friday, 08 November  2019, 01:29 AM
My solution with photo you can find here:

https://www.motorkari.cz/motorka/?mid=68345&act=moto-denik-detail&ddid=52265

That's brilliant, exactly what I'm gonna do, great stuff... Cheers for the info pal👌

mlivkovich

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Friday, 08 November  2019, 01:29 AM
My solution with photo you can find here:

https://www.motorkari.cz/motorka/?mid=68345&act=moto-denik-detail&ddid=52265

Great work! I can see that you tack weld rack parts on the bike...   Is there any chance to damage electronic parts while welding? I made myself panniers racks too, but it was PITA to weld it to sit correctly without tacking it on the bike because I was afraid I might damage something.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk