News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Oil Pan Re assembly

Started by Red Biker, Sunday, 28 January 2018, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Biker

Hi Guys,
My original post didn't work for some reason!

I'm after advice on putting the oil pan back on, when I took it off the link pipe had already fallen into the pan so not sure where it goes?
It's the pipe on the right of the pic.

16530-42F00 Pipe, Oil Outlet Under

Thanks in advance
Red
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

seth

@Red Biker
it's the oil outlet pipe from what i can see it goes to the oil pump and returns excess oil back to the sump .it shud fit on to a machined part of the oil pump as far as the microfiche shows.
get under and have a look hopefully it'll be obvious

good luck
seth  :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

lloydjames

If I remember right, the end with the 2 lugs goes up into the front right hand side of the engne where the oil outlet is. It goes over a bracket just next to the outlet. The other end goes up into the engine. They are a swine to fit as they always want to fall out under gravity. I solved this by using pliers to gently close the gap on the pipe lugs and give it more grip onto the bracket. Wish I had pictures as I spent ages trying to fit it without it falling off.

Good luck  :salute:

EDIT***   Yeah, that picture above  :clapping:

Red Biker

Brill, thanks Seth/Lloyd that gives me what I needed to know  :cheers:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

KiwiCol

Quote from: lloydjames on Sunday, 28 January  2018, 06:37 AM
They are a swine to fit as they always want to fall out under gravity. I solved this by using pliers to gently close the gap on the pipe lugs and give it more grip onto the bracket.

EDIT***   Yeah, that picture above
Yep, that's what I did as well, doesn't have to be much, just a tighten up & it stays there fine.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk