News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Insurance - Modification or Accessory - An interesting read

Started by gsxbarmy, Friday, 23 June 2023, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Just browsing the other day and came across this article from Devitt, which basically explains what insurance companies (at least in the UK) regard as a modification and as an accessory for insurance purposes. Makes interesting reading

https://www.devittinsurance.com/motorbike-insurance/modifications-explained-accessory-or-modification/?amp=1

Just one other thing I'll mention - reading the BMW GS forums recently and one forum member had just had his insurance claim for his GS being stolen refused - apparently written away in the small print was that whenever the bike was left it had to have a security chain fitted (and he was not aware of this in the small print details). Likewise, how many of us are aware that (apparently), a claim for loss can be refused if you left your machine parked without the steering lock engaged.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

My HD insurance requires a disklock or chain this year, I agreed it as I was getting ripoff prices after last year's theft.

I carry the disklock and use it on all my bikes now. Daft not too after seeing how easy they are to nick.

I'd prefer to spend a few days culling bike thieves, but for some reason the system frowns on such reasonable behaviour.

Speedy1959

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 24 June  2023, 03:38 PMI'd prefer to spend a few days culling bike thieves, but for some reason the system frowns on such reasonable behaviour.

Once again..
I almost darent say it but.....
"Hooli was right" !

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

hard road

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 24 June  2023, 03:38 PMI'd prefer to spend a few days culling bike thieves, but for some reason the system frowns on such reasonable behaviour

the trick is to do it on the quiet  ;) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk