GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Puncture repair

Started by Mick_J, Wednesday, 01 May 2024, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

I know someone with them & says they work. I'd be tempted to carry a bit of vulcanising solution too & seal them in when used.

Just ordered some though, as I needed a new kit cause my old plugs have got lost over the years.

Tonythetiger

I have those under my seat with a screw driver and cordless inflator, it's better than having nothing.

Tally

I use a gooey stick with vulcanising glue. Works very well , did a repair on mates car .

Eric GSX1400K3

I have one of these for the 4wd. I dont see an issue with using that to plug a M/C tyre, at least to get you home or to a garage if on a longish trip.

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/xtm-tyre-repair-kit-43-piece/658802.html?gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Just worm things same as Eric. They work perfectly, used to be common puncture repair. Now just a get you home thing here, illegal as permanent.

Rynglieder

They seem like a more compact solution than the plugs and tools I currently carry round when abroad so I may give them a go for the next trip.

I'd still keep a can of foam to inflate and seal, it's just the reassurance of something to get you home or to the next hotel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk