News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Oz Music

Started by grog, Wednesday, 02 August 2023, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Quiet on the bike front so just wondering. Obviously we listen to lots of UK music, does any of you blokes up there listen to any Oz music?

Hooli

TBH I don't know where most music comes from, I just like the tune or not.

Mick_J

Don't know much about Oz music but I do like AC/DC and Jimmy Barnes.  Any more like them?
I listen to about 4 hours of music every day and am always looking to widen my catalogue.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

hard road

AC/DC are a great band (as most of em where born in the UK  :rolleyes:  )  but we all know the best music is British  :boogie:   :boogie2:   :stir:   :whistling:   :grin:

Irish in Oz

John Butler, the last live band I seen was AC/DC in Sydney in 40 degree heat, never again.

GSXKING

I'm sure there are plenty of up and coming bands. Unfortunately with shows like the Voice the young ones think they can just step in to the limelight without the effort 🤯
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Boa

Jet's first album was great, as was Wolfmother's. I still occasionally play them.
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

dave55

Kieth Urban now and again :onya:

Speedy1959

"Men at work"  ??
I actually liked their well known song..

Eric GSX1400K3

I'm always listening to:
'Barnsey' (Jimmy)
Midnight Oil
Jet
Wolfmother
ACDC
Hoodoo Gurus
Men at Work
LRB

Etc

These bands still get a lot of radio airplay, and on Australia Day (26th Jan) they only play Oz music all day long
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Theres so many good ones Eric. Angels, Dingos, Baby Animals, Richard Clapton, Powderfinger. Not many new ones i like but Meg Mac is pretty good.

dave55

Is there a good Radio station in Aus that i would get on the Tinterweb ? Would be able to listen to some of these bands then ?

GSXKING

Lookup Listner app it should connect you with MMM Rock station.  :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Andre

dave55

Thanks will do  :onya:  :cheers:  :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk