GSXR seat conversion

Started by Yoda, Friday, 17 February 2017, 07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Yoda

Thanks guys. Just to work out how the seat will be secured now  have a couple of ideas.

Yoda

Hi all seat reprofiled and secured and the paint now done. Mot then I will take the rear tail tidy off for a smaller plate.

Tony Nitrous

Well done Yoda.
That's a great job.

Good work Mate.

The K6 tail is one of the classic great shapes along with the RGV250, Z900, 916.

Tony Nitrous

Mine was easier to do as I put it on a Busa.
Bolt on subframe means its just adapters and a few bits, but nothing cut.
You put a lot more work in than I did.

Well done...  :onya:

Yoda

Cheers for that Tony was a bit of work but really happy with the way it turned out. There is something about the GSXR single seat it emphasises the big  muscle bike look.
Same with your busa.

Sweaty

Great work you've done Yoda. Love the look of it.  :cheers:

Yoda

Finishing touches done today  :)

Reece

I really want to do this but just worried about cutting the frame wrong.
Does anyone have any measurements or pictures of where to cut and what is the best rear end to fit.

Yoda

Hi Reece
I have some photos from Tim it shows where to cut your frame. Pm me your email address and I will forward you how I did mine. Not as scarey as you would think.
Yoda

Reece

MikMc66

This took me back down memory lane

Gkjnr

Hi guys, i might have a chance of a seat unit but ideally it would be goid if someone thats done this could send me or post a list of the gsxr parts actually required to do the conversion please, a guide would also be amazing but i realise that might be pushing it, ive not had the pleasure of riding my gsx due to injuries sustained in a car crash 3 years ago but i think im going to be able next year, ive got my gsxr1000 k7 to sell then im going to begin modifying the gsx, once i get a shed at my new house first lol, im really chomping at the bit to get started and have collected some nice parts already, anyway any help will be really appreciated
Thanks

grog

Those bloody Campbells upset me, please dont show again. ive tried lots to justify the cost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk