Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Donatello's money pit

Started by Donatello, Monday, 10 June 2019, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blubber

Donnie... congratulations  :onya:

You have bought the most sorted and adored 14 ever.  :smitten:

Very cool you were able to buy it. ( think Matt will be stoked to see it back on here )
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Donatello

So I've made some plans for the winter. I don't like the small and thin Renthal handlebar, my other GSX1400 has a fatbar that is also a little wider that I like much more so I think I'll order the same but in black for the Wobbler. At the same time I want to install some barend mirrors. I also want to change out the seat to something more sporty/racy looking, I saw this GSX1400 and I really like the look of the seat, is this the same one? https://www.webike.net/sd/533599/

Also this picture convinced me to keep the blue GSX and make it look like this one in the future ;)

Mick_J

That's a very tidy looking Suzook.  :onya:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Donatello

Got a package from Japan, I just love the look of the seat, might not be everyone cup of tea but in my eyes it makes the bike more sporty and modern. In the same package where some other small parts but that is for another day ;)

Kiwifruit

Your seat looks great Donatello. Can l ask where you got it from.   :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

I did look at these before I bought my top selliere but think I need more padding !!
https://japan.webike.net/products/533599.html
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Thanks Notty, that's a lot of NZ rupees and only two and a half months to ship. Still very nice though.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Donatello

I had a 20% discount and shipping was only 5 working days from Japan to the Netherlands. Padding is harder, comparable with modern sportbikes and the seat is also narrower. I think its perfect for sporty riding when transfering my weight from one side to the other side of the bike.

Teufel

Hi Donatello,
You've done great things with those bikes.
My question is, do you know what type of rear sets are on the bike with the red cam cover.
I recently fitted a Metisse rearsets, they are a bit higher and further rearward than Coerce.
When you asked Matt for an exhaust mount did he offer the same as on his bike?
I ask because the Metisse rearsets mean the r/h passenger peg mount interferes with my foot/heel when I'm on the track.

Thank you.
Alternatively, if anyone knows where I could source such a mount, please let me know. And thanks for that too. 

Donatello

Hey Teufel,

The brand of the rearsets on that bike is Agras. Really expensive but Agras makes the most beautifull parts for the GSX1400. The engine mounts are also from Agras.

https://www.webike.net/sd/9650175/

Matt can make two different exhaust hangers, one that mounts up on the passager peg (as on my white/bleu bike on the previous pages) or one from the shock mount as on the red/black bike. I think he still has the molds for them so if he's willing maybe he can make you one.

Teufel

grog

Donatello, that is such a beautiful bike. Seat looks good to me. Love that bike, mines blue but i really dont care what colour. 👍Very nice.

Eric GSX1400K3

Seat looks great, brings the tail end in proportion to the tank I reckon.  Pretty awesome bike, nice to see it being well looked after.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KoZi

@Donatello

Where did you buy the seat ? And ho much price if you can tell  ;)

V_i_c_i

Is this seat as high as the original or lower?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk