News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Custom home made seat

Started by Jambo, Saturday, 07 March 2020, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Hi all.

Because I am 5 feet 7, I do not reach the ground on the 14. So what I did was, I bought a second hand seat on eBay and carved some foam. Although I might still wrap it with the original cover, I did a custom cover to test. I can now reach the ground with more than my toes!

This is how she looks

Cheers

lawrie

That looks great, well done.

I'm a short-arse & made my own seat as well, bought a scabby one, stripped it out, carved new foam & cobbled-up my own design from thin foam padding & vinyl from a curtain shop.
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

gsxbarmy

Love that GS1000 in the background @lawrie
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Jambo

Quote from: lawrie on Sunday, 08 March  2020, 12:54 AM
That looks great, well done.

I'm a short-arse & made my own seat as well, bought a scabby one, stripped it out, carved new foam & cobbled-up my own design from thin foam padding & vinyl from a curtain shop.

That looks great. I should master the sowing machine. On most bike and too on the 14, the seat is tapered towards the back.

We can't wrap one piece of vinyl, without sowing. This one was wrapped just for testing. I got two vinyl finishes. One is anti-slip, which is the one I tried, and a leather look one.

I want to try and replicate this one. Which is made in japan. Anyone can order one. Not cheap to begin with, plus import fees.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk