Main Menu

ooooppppss

Started by Notty, Monday, 13 January 2020, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

He's one hell of a fucking lucky chap, although I don't think he will think so for a while, although 16 months is not enough for speeding on the wrong side of the road and causing life changing injuries.  Makes we want to price up airbags.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

DP1400

Even if the biker had been doing 20mph and managed to completely stop, the lunatic behind the wheel would have still taken him out. All this on a wide open stretch of road too........no excuses, so throw away the key - there is no room on our roads for this kind of `driver`. I`ve always said that being a motorcyclist makes for a better driver.....`Nuff said! :furious:

seth

Think plod are using this as a way to promote bike rides to wear fully protective gear .
All it shows is how an idiot driver can take us out .
I know we're all mot saints but it's not always our fault as this shows .
:furious:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tally

I wish him a speedy recovery, and hope like me he doesn't remember much of the accident as I was t-boned by an uninsured driver and spent sometime in hospital myself.

Boa

There by the grace.........

Fuck !
Aka Chris Leam on the original Org.

Sweaty

I think what saved him, was the fact he was up in the air on his front wheel on impact, which would of shot him off the bike and on/over  the car. Totally different outcome otherwise.
Stupid bloody driver  :furious:

Ginju

How about, attempted manslaughter...locked up, driving ban 5yrs and a very large fine.

T 24

That penalty isn't enough, but what would be?? Nothing will help that biker.

KiwiCol

Here's another clip of the same accident.  There were 2 cars & both had dash cam's going.  Have a look for yourself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUK16hxemKA&feature=emb_title
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Sweaty

That's horrific Col, but does back up my earlier post at least.

SheepDog

Gotta say that just scared the crap out of me.

Sh#t can happen anywhere, anytime and waaaay out in the country. Wow.

grog

Scared me also. I even thought about it coming home tonight. Just needs one frogwit.

MarkN

High performance car low performance driver - lots of them about unfortunately

Mister Fishfinger

Thinking about it, you might actually be better off on a bike in that scenario. At least the poor guy was thrown over the car and had time to lose his kinetic energy. If he'd been in another car he'd have stopped much quicker and then been trapped in the mangled wreckage.

Doesn't bear thinking about really. made me shudder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk