Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Waiting for "track-days" and "choice roads closed to bikes" to be over with (every weekend on the public roads) to test steering head bearing replacement and fork rebuild. Them bearings were original ball-bearings. Didn't look as bad as expected. Very little rust and "medium" wear marks. Did not follow the workshop manual torque procedure in setting the bearing's tension as I read in several places that you should not do it this way with taper roller bearings.

@northern looks like you found the cause of the fueling issue. I hope mine holds up until I am ready to do the external HP-filter and pre-filter mod and take preventive action to keep that part from coming loose.

northern

@Andre
Hope so... Ask a price for OEM filter. if it will be OK, will go for it.
If not, I have to make external filter mode, but I haven't seen compact size fuel filter, what I could use...

Hooli

Andre

Quote from: northern on Monday, 16 July  2018, 06:51 AM
@Andre
Hope so... As a price for OEM filter. if it will be OK, will go for it.
If not, I have to make external filter mode, but I haven't seen compact size fuel filter, what I could use...

@northern
I think that a 50-55 mm diameter, 70 mm long filter + AN to hose adapter will fit (checked it with a dummy). Important to me is that it is a 10 micron with well above 150 liter/hour unimpeded flow and serviceable. The Deatschworks DWFF70 fits that bill. A bit expensive though at 70+ € https://www.deatschwerks.com/sites/www.deatschwerks.com/files/DATA/DWFF70%20Tech%20Sheet.pdf

As long as they meet the micron and flow requirements, I'll be happy to consider other choices.

Speedy1959

Removed forks..
Took them to work (Boss isn't in on a Monday) and stripped them right down.
We have the luxury of a vice at work, but not at home..
75% rebuilt them with new bushes, oil seals and dust seals..
Waiting for the uprated Hagon springs to arrive (Wednesday or Thursday)..
All being well Sophie should be back on the road for Friday.

Incidentally my bike has done 33,500 miles and the bushes looked totally OK. They were NOT worn through the coating at all!
I suppose I could have left the originals but I had bought all new stuff so fitted them anyway.

shanered6

Im a big believer in .... DO IT WHILE YOUR THERE !! ... even if you dont think it needs doing as there is nothing worse than stripping something and it all looks good then 3 months down the line something breaks and you wish you'ed changed it .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Hooli

For comparison at 100k around 2/3rds of the bearing face on the bushes had worn off mine.

I'd say a quick test of if you need to change them is rock the bike back n forth with the front brake on, if you get a clunk or clunk from the forks they are worn.

Kiwifruit

Went for a ride to tennis and back only 60k but good all the same. Weathers been a bit scruffy lately.
Changed the oil and filter when i got home.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

today was a 5 degree start, nose running like a tap. quite enjoyed that northern type weather for a change. bike runs so nice in the cold.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

northern

unlike the southern hemisphere, we have summer here. More then 30°C for my country is a lot.

Today I wash and wax my 14.
Sometimes I'wander - is it possible to do faster then 3.5 hours (including chain cleaning)? How long it take for you to clean your bike?

shanered6

To busy to ride  :bugga:.... but did stick my head through the shed door had a  :drool: :smitten: and then went back to work  :thumbs_down:
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Notty

Went in the garage for my toolbox as my daughter has plumbers in and 66 snags when they are half way thro - 14 sat there looking sad as not ridden for 3 weeks even in this glorious weather thanks to these cowboys  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Globalrider

The 14 arrived in Montreal today ...... in a crate...probably the first to touch North America.....in a crate.
She will be on a trans continental train soon???  :P
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Del

so are you sitting comfortably - then Ill begin

so it 10 to 6 this morning and off I go to work - 3 minutes later and its pishing down - Get to work and I'm drookit (really really wet to the non Scottish)   - so changed into work gear

end of shift gear still moist - hate putting on wet gloves more than anything - off home I goes and then decided to pop into the mates garage to book an MOT - he was busy on a GSXR1000 so waited till he was done
"what you here for mate"
"Need to book an MOT  for my 1400 whenever you can fit me in" (Im expecting Saturday or Monday)
"You go it here"
"yip"
"Bring it in and Ill do it just now"

:shocked:

so end of the day me bike has passed again good for another year

All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk