Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

A new Busa seat hump turned up from the USA. The 08 and 11 are the same blue but I had one from a later and lighter blue 2015 (I think!).

Won't hurt to have a spare, there's a few things I'd like to try with it.

Speedy1959

I always thought that hump cries out for a hidden radar detector.
A.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 12 June  2023, 08:33 PMI always thought that hump cries out for a hidden radar detector.
A.

Gen-1 will take a 2lb bottle but the kits for the Gen-2 are only for a 1lb one.

THE Gen-2 and 3 have holes in the base so stuff like puncture kits or other stuff will go into them.

hard road

cleaned my front disc bobbins, the wheel spins as it should now, even moving it about is easier. worth doing now and then.  :onya:

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: hard road on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 01:22 AMcleaned my front disc bobbins, the wheel spins as it should now, even moving it about is easier. worth doing now and then.  :onya:

Yeah, posted mine up before. I get them to turn by hand first then spin them and wash them out with break cleaner. Internet experts will tell me why I'm doing it wrong, but I have nice brakes and no dramas. Certainly makes a difference to have them able to float, many unmaintained ones don't.

Roo

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 12 June  2023, 08:33 PMI always thought that hump cries out for a hidden radar detector.
A.
Don't have to hide them here in NZ.   Just don't leave them in view if parking,fuckers will grab them.  (same with car,too tempting).

hard road

Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 07:36 AM
Quote from: hard road on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 01:22 AMcleaned my front disc bobbins, the wheel spins as it should now, even moving it about is easier. worth doing now and then.  :onya:

Yeah, posted mine up before. I get them to turn by hand first then spin them and wash them out with break cleaner. Internet experts will tell me why I'm doing it wrong, but I have nice brakes and no dramas. Certainly makes a difference to have them able to float, many unmaintained ones don't.

sounds ok to me Tony, I just use an 8mm allen bolt with a nut on the other side, no need to tighten them, then with an 8mm allen socket/extension and a palm ratchet just keep turning them and spraying some brake cleaner on them. the last owner had the MOT done and the tester said the brakes where slightly binding but not badly, now the wheel spins perfect.  ;)   

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: hard road on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 08:01 AM
Quote from: Tony Nitrous on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 07:36 AM

sounds ok to me Tony, I just use an 8mm allen bolt with a nut on the other side, no need to tighten them, then with an 8mm allen socket/extension and a palm ratchet just keep turning them and spraying some brake cleaner on them. the last owner had the MOT done and the tester said the brakes where slightly binding but not badly, now the wheel spins perfect.  ;) 

Yeah, I have a correct sized nut, bolt and washers I use to gently free them up with a spanner by hand if needed, I have been known to use my 18v drill set on low torque to give them a gentle spin whilst I spray in brake cleaner. Lost count of how many times I've been told it's wrong. I can turn mine with my fingers and my brakes work great, year after year.

grog

Will do mine tomorrow, been a while. Brake cleaner and whatever way you want to turn them. Can of worms, seen this become oil, tyres sort of advice before.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 05:31 PMWill do mine tomorrow, been a while. Brake cleaner and whatever way you want to turn them. Can of worms, seen this become oil, tyres sort of advice before.

Agreed. I do what works for me, let other do it their way.

(add TRE's, spindle nuts, batteries and Jack up blocks to that list too Grog  ;) )

grog

Fork oil, mirrors, bars, Brake pads, bar grips, seats, headlights, chains. Its a long list of preferences. Love it.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 06:28 PMFork oil, mirrors, bars, Brake pads, bar grips, seats, headlights, chains. Its a long list of preferences. Love it.

Don't forget...
50 or 55 profile tyres ?
4-2 or 4-1 pipes ?
 ;)

grog

My answer, whatever works for me, should be same for everyone. I only have one bike these days, used to have multiples. Now one just fits my life, I miss not having a few, life changes. Im so lucky at my age to just have a good solid bike that my old body can still enjoy.

Speedy1959

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 06:28 PMFork oil, mirrors, bars, Brake pads, bar grips, seats, headlights, chains. Its a long list of preferences. Love it.
4 pots or 6?
😳

hard road

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 06:51 PMMy answer, whatever works for me, should be same for everyone. I only have one bike these days, used to have multiples. Now one just fits my life, I miss not having a few, life changes. Im so lucky at my age to just have a good solid bike that my old body can still enjoy.

agreed. im the same with the age thing, ive got 2 bikes now but thinking of just one is enough.  :whatever: 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk