News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

New to the 1400 but not bikes

Started by Grumpy old man, Monday, 18 January 2021, 10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Phil

Welcome Mate it's great when a youngster joins the forum 😂 Honestly at 53 you will be one of the youngest on here!

Hooli

Oi we're not all bloody pensioners! (yet)

horse

According to that last survey we are close, might not be over the hill but got a f,ing good view from where we are the 14s seem to attract that demographic for good reason , reliable, relaxing to ride and doesn't cripple you going to get the milk and paper :cheers:

Horse
Horse,
Change is easy improvement somewhat more difficult :Dr Porsche

Grumpy old man

Not to forget it is a doddle to work on no plastic acreage to remove to change airfilter/plugs

taking the fairing off my ZX14R used to take nearly an hour with out breaking the little lugs

Don't get me started on valve clearances on the same nearly need to remove the motor from the frame due to the monocoque design

Eric GSX1400K3

Welcome to all things 1402  Grumpy. Not all of us are seniors, im still on the safe side of 50
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Grumpy old man on Wednesday, 20 January  2021, 04:35 AM
Not to forget it is a doddle to work on no plastic acreage to remove to change airfilter/plugs

taking the fairing off my ZX14R used to take nearly an hour with out breaking the little lugs

Don't get me started on valve clearances on the same nearly need to remove the motor from the frame due to the monocoque design

We're lucky in the last respect, we very rarely have to adjust the valve clearances.  Hooli has done huge miles & I don't think he's had to change them, he's checked, but always been ok, as are 99.9% of them.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

I've only done 161k miles, but ya right they've never even changed let alone needed adjustment in that time.

DP1400

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk