News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Cataract surgery

Started by seth, Saturday, 27 January 2024, 05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Saturday, 27 January  2024, 08:23 PMFair point Col. Did you get flooded in all that rain you guys had recently?

Nah, the river went up a bit, but nothing near alert level.  It was worse further south, missed us mostly.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Rynglieder

I know several people who have had the operation on the NHS, all say the it is straightforward and the improvements are noticeable or substantial.

This should mean that that there is no excuse for getting my own sorted out. About 30 years ago my wife and I were strapping something to the roof of the car with bungee hooks when she accidentally lost grip and the thing shot back with a lot of force and hit me straight in the left eye.

The result was initial loss of vision, a traumatic cataract and torn pupil. Vision came back within a few days. peripheral is OK in the left eye and the right started to take up the work for the centre so I was told I was OK to drive but "may need cataract surgery earlier in life that usual".

I've put if off for thirty years, everyone tells me it's not too uncomfortable but I can't help but keeping finding excuses that will avoid anyone taking a scalpel to my eye.

seth

Ìve pulled the starting gun on mine today .
First appointment for a private operation starts on Tuesday.
Thanks to all I've spoken to as I've have great advise and all the positives and negatives.
I'll let you know how I get on  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Big Geordi

Quote from: seth on Tuesday, 30 January  2024, 03:22 AMÌve pulled the starting gun on mine today .
First appointment for a private operation starts on Tuesday.
Thanks to all I've spoken to as I've have great advise and all the positives and negatives.
I'll let you know how I get on  :cheers:
Good luck!!  :onya:

seth

So
Surgery was done on both eyes on Tuesday afternoon 26th march 2024
It was quite uncomfortable at times almost unbearable but each operation took a max of 15mins I managed the 2nd being slightly worse as I knew what was coming lol.
First day/night
I was shattered and achy my sight was very blurry and i was wondering whybj had just done what I had.
Yesterday my eyes were less achy but my sight was still not as good as thought it would be .
Today +2 days from the operations
What a difference after a call from the centre I understood the reason my sight wasn't as good was due to the amount of drops they use during the operations and today my sight is already much sharper and probably better than previously with my glasses .
Things are much brighter (I've worn reactions lenses in my glasses for almost 40 years) so as things are I can see I'm definitely going to need reading glasses (I needed them before anyway)so as of few days after the operations I'm fairly happy and am tool things should improve even more going forward .

Thanks to all that have given me advice,help and support before during and after the whole process (especially dave gsxbarmy)
Thanks to you all  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Blubber

Nice to hear buddy  :boogie:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Notty

Great news Seth  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Glad its all gone well buddy - sounds like you are now well on the way back to getting good vision again now that the op "stuff" is wearing off

I have to tell you though, the first time you ride your bike WITHOUT wearing glasses is just weird - but in a very good way! You'll find out soon enough LOL
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

That's great feedback Seth.
Like a lot of other surgeries nowadays they were once rare and difficult, now they are fairly common and done in numerous amounts. Think about abdominal tears (hernia) 😭 now fixed with mesh. Knee surgery done arthroscopically.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Great news Seth, glad you're on the mend.  Don't like the sound of the op if it's real painful.  I've heard a good ale or 2 assists in the recovery . . .  :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Nice to hear you're done Seth. Still more improvement to come i'm sure. Sorry to hear your surgery was painful. That was not my experience.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk