Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 11 July  2019, 06:06 AM
I rode mine home from a few days on the IOM with Baso (that some might remember from the old ORG).

Company great, had a laugh but the IOM is like a Scottish Isle without the charm & full of scousers.
Have we got any of the said 'Scousers' here?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

I used the H2-SX for the work commute.

Possibly not the ideal bike for 35k of traffic, mostly 60kph with one short section of 90kph.

Made a change though. Was OK for lane splitting / filtering between cars, and wasn't to bad of the lights in the several traffic light GP starts.

Saved me putting the battery on charge if nothing else.

DTTW

Overhaul ongoing for the front forks. New progressive springs (Wilbers), oil + consumable parts going in tonight. I've had the parts on the shelf nearly for two years, finally found some motivation to do it.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DTTW

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 11 July  2019, 07:31 PM
@DTTW Is that a Tracer in the background ?  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yep, belongs to my friend. The CP3 engine has quite nice nature.  :stir:

grog

Try a CP4,  Alcoholic motor, quiet until disturbed but then drinks a lot. Goes crazy.

DTTW

I do have a little crush on the MT series. MT10 makes no sense for me (expensive in all aspects), MT09 would make sense in all aspects, but then again... Not sure. Not enough cubic inches to make the bike special. Probably something I could live with though...

seth

Today I did a lap of the old spa race circuit well 3/4's of it as they wouldn't let us on the new bit due to a track day for sports cars.
The roads down here are amazing and found a fantastic b&b too.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

DTTW

Forks overhauled. By short test ride the diving effect has decreased when braking and rebound much works faster. Not so spongy anymore. The bars seem to be bit higher after the job, this from memory...

Decided to enjoy a cup of tea during the exercise, uncommon for me as I prefer coffee. :whistling:

Next step more km's and trying to find out the settings.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

DTTW, your fork set up sounds like mine. I took mine to suspension bloke, he checked everything, Wilbers springs n oil, new seals. I refitted forks and took back to shop, he set it for my 85kg weight. Only know he said light settings. pre load is 6 rings showing. I looked at it originally and thought stupid, only 2 before. Its perfect, have never touched. No dive at all is brilliant. So from this my advice, i dont really know, is wind everything back and try. adjust up as needed. Its a great set up, best thing ive done to my bike. Hope this helps.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: DTTW on Thursday, 11 July  2019, 09:15 PM
I do have a little crush on the MT series. MT10 makes no sense for me (expensive in all aspects), MT09 would make sense in all aspects, but then again... Not sure. Not enough cubic inches to make the bike special. Probably something I could live with though...

I know a guy who makes and sells turbo kits for the MT-09's.
They REALLY do go OK with a little boost....

He's done a Supercharged MT-10 too but I don't think that's going into production.
There's a few turbo 9's around. A guy near me has one. 200+hp.

DTTW

Grog, thanks for info. I've got light bones and weight bit less than you. Anyhow good to know as reference  :onya:

Wonder what would a charged MT09 be like with stock swing. Probably would make the front tyre useless... Charged MT10, crazy.

horse

Gave the old girl a tub and blow dry another boring black one but at least it's clean now, the metrovac and a foam bath makes an easy job of it, got take the footpeg risers off tomorrow ,

Horse
Horse,
Change is easy improvement somewhat more difficult :Dr Porsche

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk