News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Queensland December

Started by grog, Sunday, 31 December 2023, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

My state last 4 weeks. Nth Qld over 2 metres of rain,now have no drinking water, landslides into water treatment plant.WTF. Southern Qld, so many storms,houses demolished, no power up to 2 weeks. Yesterday here 67 mm in 30 minutes. Temps have been up near 40 degrees. Very bad December.

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSXKING

Over 300mm rain now since just before midnight on New Year's Eve at Mt. Cotton every thing soggy. I was out repairing a down pipe at 9am and was soaked after 30 seconds. It is fairly normal for this time of year. Off to work tomorrow if I can get passed some localised flooding. "If it's flooded, forget it" is sound advice everyone should adhere too.
I don't want to place rescue teams in danger either.
Gold Coast copping more of a drenching than us also. Hearts go out to all those people still without electricity after Christmas storms.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Irish in Oz

NSW, beautiful one day, perfect the next.

VladTepes

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Monday, 01 January  2024, 08:02 PMNSW, beautiful one day, perfect the next.

Nope VERY wet down northern NSW as well.

Gold Coast has got the worst of it though, as far as SE Qld is concerned, and people up at mt Tamborine may not have power restored for a couple of months in places! It really hammered the infrastructure up there..
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Just 3 degrees England, 33 here today. Too cold there to ride, we get opposite, bloody hot putting riding gear on and a fair chance get rained on.300 mm first 2 weeks of January, about 1/2 of London annual. Crazy world.

Eric GSX1400K3

36 here today, went for a local ride, only 20min away. We were both pretty warm with all the gear on. Cut it short, went back home and into the pool.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Rynglieder

I drove a friend down to Heathrow Airport last week so that she could catch up with her family (Rockhampton I think) - I'm not sure she has packed the right clothing in her suitcase from what you are saying.

grog

She needs umbrella, shorts, t shirt and swimming togs.Thats about all.

grog

350 mm in two weeks. Humidity hard to believe. Our latest threat

Irish in Oz

You Aussie's get it tough.
Looking out my office window at lunchtime, 1 degree C.
Suppose it could be worse the sun is out.
20240118_130317.jpg

Kiwifruit

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Thursday, 18 January  2024, 11:21 PMYou Aussie's get it tough.
Looking out my office window at lunchtime, 1 degree C.
Suppose it could be worse the sun is out.
20240118_130317.jpg

That looks a bit crisp Irish.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Just the typical tropical summer very muggy high humidity and another cyclone bearing down on FNQ.
Where is your office at Geoff ?
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

I'd also like to add to the record - while I am used to living in a sub-tropical climate, this high humidity can fuck right off!
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

Agreed on that sentiment boss, I can't stand humidity, just not used to it. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk