News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

What did you buy today ???

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 June 2018, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

We could do with rain dear - very dry here  - it pisses down for 90% of the year, we are surrounded by bloody water and now a hosepipe ban  :bugga: oh and most of Welsh water goes to England !!
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

shanered6

Its the same up here been very dry and most of the grass is burnt off , we have had a bit of rain but the ground is so hard it just runs off the top ..... but we still have plenty of water at the minute but i am keeping an eye on the wells .
i intend to live for ever or die trying !!

Gsx 1400 k6 , Thunderace 1000 , Guzzi stelvio 1200 ntx

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 18 July  2018, 07:24 PM
wire wheel kat, certainly sounds interesting.

It was a rough stock 750 Kat many yeas ago.
A guy I know did the wire wheel conversion, powder coated the frame, fitted the 1100, bought some new bodywork, did the 1170 conversion, updated the electrics to GSXR, fitted flat slide carbs etc etc. I like it, but its over 4 times what I paid for my wire wheel GSX1100ET and its more than a very clean Gen-2 Hayabusa.  I'm still thinking.

KiwiCol

I'm picking it's a No, else it's a change in direction of your bike ownership ethos.  Kiwi 2c worth.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 19 July  2018, 04:28 PM
I'm picking it's a No, else it's a change in direction of your bike ownership ethos.  Kiwi 2c worth.

It ticks all the box's of being "Suzuki... In line 4.... 16v.... Chain drive.... 1980 to 2008"

I'm just not convinced about spending so much on some Old Skool Cool when I already have a similar age bike, and I was thinking more about touring or the drags..... but the devil on my other shoulders says "Buy another Kat!"

grog

my thoughts only Tony. all about the kool. you already have better. new busa, keep that illuminated. i rode a honda 4 recently, in my youth we all had. even as 30 yr old i had one along with gs1000. i loved them. my recent ride, shattered my rememberings.

northern

want to try some DIY...
Will share results later  :hat:

KiwiCol

I'm intrigued - will be waiting to see what you're up to.

seth

Oil pressure gauge maybe
Looking forward to seeing the results
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

northern

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 20 July  2018, 02:34 AM
I'm intrigued - will be waiting to see what you're up to.
Quote from: seth on Friday, 20 July  2018, 02:38 AM
Oil pressure gauge maybe
Looking forward to seeing the results
:cheers:
I'm already feeling preasure of obligations :)
Planning same service and diagnostics on this Sunday (Saturday is a family day). So I will post it then.

Blubber

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 19 July  2018, 10:31 AM
A dozen stubbies is huge?   Must be different down under.

Must have rephrased that line...

I mentioned the offer....Not My purchase

12 six-packs  :salute:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

KiwiCol

Ok Donald,  :lol: I can see how you meant it now, but, it doesn't read that way - agree? :lol:  And Yep, a dozen for that price is a good deal & I'll join ya for the 1pm start!  :cheers:

northern

fist impression - very good stuff to assembly calipers!

Tony Nitrous

Some spare screwdrivers and some zip ties to chuck in another toolbox, I'm kitting up a spare box to go in the ute without robbing my roll cabs.

500 zip ties for a mate at work, they were on special.

2 tourist visa's to enter Cambodia.

6 bottles of alcohol free beer and 2 bottles of Lemon, lime and Bitter.

A new 60ltr "medium size" suitcase.

Frank Skinner reading Ozzy Osbournes "I am Ozzy" talking book.

Went to get a new IPad but they only had 5's in the local shop and I wanted a 6.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 19 July  2018, 03:58 PMmost of Welsh water goes to England !!

I once heard a Welsh truck driver say to a customer from Birmingham.... "You know why your kettles furr up in the Midlands? Because the Welsh all piss in the dams!"

:rofl2:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk