News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Newbie from Sweden

Started by Ultramagnus, Friday, 19 April 2024, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultramagnus

Hello,

My name is Magnus and I'm the south of Sweden,

Bought a Black 2006 GSX1400 a month ago. My previous bike was a Suzuki VX800 which I really liked, but it got stolen and then crashed while being chased by police.

So when i was looking for a new MC I wanted something similar, torqy, V-twin sound, naked and not to sporty(back problems) or a coffin ride (legs first), not to much computerized stuff, but modern enough to still find parts.

Turns out that was a tall order, at least in my price range!

But then I found the GSX1400...
Ok, its not a V-twin, but it got torq for days and a lovely growl. So, Happy days! :cheers:

I am a real noob when it comes to mechanics and fiddling with engines and such, but I bought a Hanes manual and I'm handy in most other situations so I figure I will do ok...I mean, what can go wrong!?  :lol:

I plan to do some stuff on my bike, so I will most probably ask some silly questions, but do I promise to search the forum first!!

Hooli

Welcome.

If you go to the download section of this site you can get the offical Suzuki workshop manual which is a lot better than the Haynes.

Ultramagnus

Didn't know there was a DL section, excellent!

Thank you and Thank you!

Blubber

Hey,

Welcome from the Netherlands. :cheers:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

BbigMmac

Welcome to the forum ,enjoy the GSX ride!

Mike87

KiwiCol

Hi & welcome aboard Ultramagnus.  I can highly recommend a Black K6   :onya:  :clapping:  I might be a bit biased though.  I'm sure you'll grow to love the GSX as we all do.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Kiwifruit

Hello and welcome Magnus, you will enjoy your bike  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Quote from: Ultramagnus on Friday, 19 April  2024, 12:55 AMHello,

My name is Magnus and I'm the south of Sweden,

Bought a Black 2006 GSX1400 a month ago. My previous bike was a Suzuki VX800 which I really liked, but it got stolen and then crashed while being chased by police.

So when i was looking for a new MC I wanted something similar, torqy, V-twin sound, naked and not to sporty(back problems) or a coffin ride (legs first), not to much computerized stuff, but modern enough to still find parts.

Turns out that was a tall order, at least in my price range!

But then I found the GSX1400...
Ok, its not a V-twin, but it got torq for days and a lovely growl. So, Happy days! :cheers:

I am a real noob when it comes to mechanics and fiddling with engines and such, but I bought a Hanes manual and I'm handy in most other situations so I figure I will do ok...I mean, what can go wrong!?  :lol:

I plan to do some stuff on my bike, so I will most probably ask some silly questions, but do I promise to search the forum first!!

Welcome to the nuthouse Magnus.
There are no stupid questions 👍
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

:welcome1:
To all things 1402
Be careful with the Haynes manual as there are a couple of things wrong in it.
There are free Suzuki workshop manuals to download here for all years.
Ans always lots of help if you need it ?
Go look through the tips and download as loads of info there 😀
 :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mick_J

Welcome to the forum Magnus.  :onya: A picture would be nice.  :)
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Ultramagnus

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

It's nice to see such an active (and positive) forum as this appears to be.

😊👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk