News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Started by Mick_J, Thursday, 02 May 2024, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

I tried to log in to the forum using my phone but I kept getting a message saying my log in name does not exist, why would I get that?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Quote from: Mick_J on Thursday, 02 May  2024, 05:58 PMI tried to log in to the forum using my phone but I kept getting a message saying my log in name does not exist, why would I get that?
Your old forum name still in your phones settings?  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Mick_J

Kiwi Col, yes mate only when I try to use my phone.

Notty, I've never tried to used my phone to log in before so it has no memory.

KiwiCol

I reckon it'll have something to do with the name change. Try removing the site off the phone & reinstalling it, see if you can log in then.

gsxbarmy

I'm having no problem with logging in on my iPhone or my iPad - what phone is it you are using?

Just to confirm @Mick_J that on your phone keyboard you are typing an underscore and not a hyphen - so typing Mick_J not Mick-J (those characters look very similar on phone keypads)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mick_J

Yes, I'm doing an underscore not a hyphen.

gsxbarmy

OK, I know what the issue is now.

If I look at your profile, your are still registered with the username "mjgt", as you haven't changed it in your profile - what you have changed is the name that is displayed on the forum. If you look at the screenshot, you'll see your Username is still mjgt, and you have it set so that on the forum its displayed as Mick_J.

If you look closer at the screen shot, you'll see under "username" there is [change] - if you click on that it will give you the option to change your actual username - although you will have to change your password as well.

If you choose to leave "as is" and make no changes, then if you wish to login on your phone, you'll still need to use the username mjgt, as, at present that is still your registered username. I'm going to assume on your phone, that once you are logged on, you will appear as Mick_J, as that is what is specified in your profile, in the way you have it set up at present. Now why the phone browsers do not recognise your display name for login in the same way that PC browsers do I have no idea so I've tagged in Vladtepes so he is aware and can have a look.

But at the present, if you login on your phone, I believe you'll need to use mjgt for your login username

@VladTepes @KiwiCol @Mick_J

KiwiCol

Nice one Dave,  :onya:  :clapping:  reckon you've cracked it.

GSXKING

No problems when you have fresh eyes on the subject. Well done team that's one of things I enjoy about this forum.
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

Sorry just saw this . I don't think it's possible to change username - only display name., You will always need to login with the USERNAME you registered with which may be different from the display name you've chosen.

@gsxbarmy I think the 'change' option you see is only due to you being an admin.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Mick_J

Mick_J

It works, I'm in, thanks for all your help.

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Mick_J on Saturday, 04 May  2024, 07:11 PMIt works, I'm in, thanks for all your help.

Brilliant, glad it all worked ok @Mick_J  :onya:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk