News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Wet Weather Gear

Started by GSXKING, Friday, 29 March 2024, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

Like most riders I know I have multiple lots of riding gear to suit the different seasons. We are lucky to be able to ride 365 days per year. We never really get very cold in and around Brisbane.
But boy does it get wet. This summer particularly so.
I'm using Oxford over jacket and pants they retail around $150Aus for the pair. They're double seamed and welded I feel around 90% effective except in the crotch area. 😳 ☔️

My question is does anyone recommend another brand they've used successfully. I could spend upwards of $2500 on BMW or Klim gear. I'm not sure I wouldn't suffer the same fête though 🧐

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Suzuki Jimny for the wet days?  :stir:  :whistling:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Chris, impossible to stay dry in downpours we get. Over years ive bought so called waterproofs, never found any that are perfect.Few years back payed good bucks for over trousers, rode home in torrent, crutch split, water down legs, filled boots.Most others around here wouldve just had shorts on.

Blubber

Have you tried the brand : Dane ?

Pretty happy how the handle the Dutch weather during commuting.

I have been using their all weather pants and jacket combo for years and i am happy with them. I was put on to them as they carry my size ( 114 pants and jacket )

Pants are Lyngby Air pro, Jacket is Lille GTX 

You can zip them together, remove the linings and such .

I do need to replace them after 6-7 ish years, depending on the miles / weather as after that the crotch starts to gets damp, ignore that moment and your balls will start floating  :lol: 
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

Wolf textile stuff seems to work in anything short of swimming for me. No idea if they are sold in open prisons though.

gsxbarmy

Halverssons / Lindstrads for me. They do a great range of textile gear, but I also carry a set of over trousers for if I get caught out in wet weather when wearing my dragging jeans instead - the over trousers which are excellent and didn't cost the earth either - think I paid about £38 for them a couple of years back.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Snapey

Industrial supply shops have good quality plastic coat & pant sets that keep me 95% dry in a downpour. Mine are bright orange which certainly stand out in reduced visibility conditions unlike the motorcycle specific black gear.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

KiwiCol

Gidday Pete, nice to 'see' ya again.   :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Today wouldntve mattered what i had on, bucket loads came from nowhere.😡

Kiwifruit

Gidday Pete, hope lifes treating you well.

Hey Kingi, they make some great milking shed kit here. Waterproof and keeps the shit off.....cow shite green is a popular colour !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk