been to the doctor

Started by Frizzy69, Sunday, 31 July 2022, 05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frizzy69

okay i took the couch to the doctor and this is what happened

Hooli

I got mine to the bottom RH corner of the Odo once on a private road that resembled my route home at the time. No idea why it went that fast that day, it never normally goes past where your needle is, not that I've tried for years tbh.

Frizzy69

Yeah mine kept going as well , i was trying to download the video but came up saying file to large thats the reason for the screen shots

Im waiting on a new exhaust and link pipe from Pipewerx so will need to go back to Doctor Bob for some tweeking see what the figures are after that
never thought to take a note of the torque figure but will next time

Fast1400

Quote from: Frizzy69 on Sunday, 31 July  2022, 05:11 AM
okay i took the couch to the doctor and this is what happened

Fkn good doctor 😃

grog

Wow you blokes, never thought those ks possible. Mines been to 240.enough for me. I reckon with speedo error maybe 220. Had Rocket to 210, high bars make interesting. Diavel could do 260 easily.

BbigMmac

Had mine do 298 on the dyno but no more than 250Km on the road. Don't know what it will reach with a 43T sprocket.  Can't upload the movie, to big I guess. Always a impressive sight when a 1400 is on the dyno.

Fast1400

Quote from: BbigMmac on Monday, 01 August  2022, 02:50 AM
Had mine do 298 on the dyno but no more than 250Km on the road. Don't know what it will reach with a 43T sprocket.  Can't upload the movie, to big I guess. Always a impressive sight when a 1400 is on the dyno.

Not that I'm interested in necessarily achieving those speeds, but what mods do you have to get there?
Also, is the reading accurate?

Fast1400

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 31 July  2022, 08:11 PM
Wow you blokes, never thought those ks possible. Mines been to 240.enough for me. I reckon with speedo error maybe 220. Had Rocket to 210, high bars make interesting. Diavel could do 260 easily.

Yep, speedo error is a massive "thing".
I regularly achieve indicated 200-220 kmh, but my REVER app. usually says 180-200kmh real (which I feel is more likely the truth).

Tony Nitrous

I have a quiet spot about an hour North West of Toowoomba. 
There's a few place you can run Busa's and H2 out of top gear if you look.

My 14 still has the Jack up blocks under the shocks, even though I've gone back to a 50 profile tyre it doesn't feel as stable at top speed. It's a nicer bike at lower speeds and twisty roads though.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Fast1400 on Monday, 01 August  2022, 01:37 PM
Quote from: grog on Sunday, 31 July  2022, 08:11 PM

Yep, speedo error is a massive "thing".
I regularly achieve indicated 200-220 kmh, but my REVER app. usually says 180-200kmh real (which I feel is more likely the truth).

In a previous job I used to do some long days heading out West and back. I always used the GPS as a speedo and set the cruise control at 3 over. Company had about 50 Utes and light trucks, some of them had actual speedo's reading high enough to make you think you'd get a ticket but driving to the AGPS I never did.

Hooli

Indeed, compared to GPS my 14 reads a bit more than nine percent over. Mileage is bang on so it's deliberate by Suzuki to make you think the bike is faster than it is.

grog

I like mine reading 10% over, saved me a few times.

KiwiCol

I've got a speedo healer on mine, she's bang on with the GPS now.  Think it was about 7.5% too high initially.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Frizzy69

Yeah thats  what i thought there would be a margin for error but was assured that the reading was true road speed
bearing in mind that was a 6th gear flat out run

Problem .... whilst on the dyno i was told that the bike was that far out ie.. running very very lean if i continued running her as was i would probably be looking at new valves , as on the very first pull it read 101BHP at the wheel

Once the fuelling had been corrected to 13.2 or there about the BHP is now 97.6 at the wheel , thing is now that when ive been out on a run the idle now constantly sits at 1500rpm

do you thing that because the fuelling was that far out i will need the carbs synchronised and the last owner done all his own servicing

advise greatly received

GSXKING

I gained HP when I changed muffler ie a bit more back pressure helped 👍
Aprilia Mille I had read speed of rear wheel with sensor mounted on chain & sprocket hub accuracy was good I saw 300+kmh twice & then wished I hadn't looked 👀
White markers on roadsides looked like a picket fence 😈😈😈😈
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk