News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

stretching leather??

Started by gmars70970, Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick_J

I know this works but it is not particularly comfortable.  Get the leather wet (get in the bath or take a decent shower) and then stretch them out by wearing them in the position you want until they are almost dry then rub in a good quality leather soap and finally dry naturally.  We used to do this with our combat boots, made them very supple and comfortable to wear, done it with leather jeans and it works a treat.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Big Phil

Make sure the misses takes a video as you do this and please post on here🤣😂🤣

GSXKING

Mate  :hat: like everything motorcycling, stuff we wear has a use by date. The stitching in particular usually degrades. Worth considering if you are doing a track day.   :facepalm:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

gmars70970

Leathers all softened up with leather moisturiser, hung in the bathroom for a few days and they finally felt fine.
Gave them a wee try out on the gsx today, still not sure i'll wear them for the track day tho.

Will14

Fair play that's a good result  :onya:

How do you rate the HJC helmet? I have one and has to be one of the best I have owned, the internal sun visor works well for me - maybe slight downside is that the vents don't seem to let in much of a breeze

Cheers

Pete

gmars70970

No complaints from the HJC. Had it a few years now and used it for decent runs to the North of Scotland, daily commutes and track days home and abroad.
Does them all well 👍

About time for a new helmet tho, always wanted a simpson but keep being put off with the complaints of noise level.

DP1400

I`ve had three HJC helmets during the last 18yrs. All have been fantastic. Great quality and reasonably priced. My wife has her HJC too, no complaints. We both have smoked stick-on visor inserts which now need replacing, however, I`m not sure of the legality of those nowadays, so i`m now looking at replacing both lids with the `new generation`, smoke flip-down inner visors......HJC again of course!

Back in the `80`s I spent a small fortune on an AGV.......turned out to be the worst helmet ever thanks to an ill fitting visor. Never again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk