News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a go pro.

Started by The Stumeister, Friday, 07 April 2023, 02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Monday, 01 May  2023, 06:35 PMThe warped part of my brain says to speed up a video of your bike ride, and put it on the SD card then await its confiscation !!
Quote from: grog on Monday, 01 May  2023, 06:43 PMNot sure i understand your reasoning there Speedy.

I think he's got a R/B & wants to try & prove in court it's as fast as B/W, obviously it'd need faked evidence.

KiwiCol

Harsh Hooli, harsh . . .  :happy1:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Speedy1959

My Avatar would suggest I dont have a R/B anymore..
Keep up Hooli, Keep up !

Hooli

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Thursday, 04 May  2023, 03:53 PMMy Avatar would suggest I dont have a R/B anymore..
Keep up Hooli, Keep up !

I can't keep up, I'm on a HD!

(till I fix my 14)

VladTepes

OK so putting aside the separate question of advisability - of which there are polarised opinions, I think @The Stumeister is more interested in which camera.

"Action Camera"

For the sort of thing when you are predominantly looking to capture ride footage, with flexibility in mounting options (bars, chest, helmet, etc)

The GoPro was once the industry standard 'best option' but lately they are trading as much on their name as anything.
They seem to change batteries, chargers and mic options with each generation screwing up backwards compatibility.

Often they also need expensive 'additional modules' (such as the media mod) to accomplish what some other cameras can do natively.

I don't own, but know people who do and recommend, a DJI camera.

"Dashcam"

If you are looking for something as a 'dashcam' just as a backup in case of an accident etc, one of the twin camera systems from VIOFO would likely be, in my opinion, the best option.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

If you want a "fit and forget" camera then INNOVV is the way to go, and it comes on and goes off with the ignition. GoPro's are good, their main issue is battery life, which is pretty dire when you are riding all day. The INNOVV system(s) connect to the battery with another wire going to switched power (Orange wire off the fuse box works well). Various systems around, some are front camera only, some front and rear. I have the INNOVV K3 system on mine which is front & rear, and with a 256Gb card (you can fit smaller) gives 18 hours of footage. Records in 1080HD which in reality for making up odd video's etc the quality is good enough, if you want better footage (for instance if you do a blog), then you need to go to the K5 which records in 4K. The only downside to the K3 system is the sound quality, it's OK, but then I'm none too worried about sound, its good enough to capture the exhaust note (depending on where you place the microphone).
There is a pre-runner to the K3 (the K2), which often you can pick up reasonably on eBay.
I've had the INNOVV K3 on both my Triumph and BMW, and have captured complete tours by using multiple SD cards. The other thing I like about the K2/3 is that the camera's are quite discrete. When I had my accident a couple of years back (when I was rear-ended) the footage was invaluable in proving my non-fault case.

https://innovv.co.uk/
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

Where would you mount the innov cameras discretely on a 1400?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

Quote from: VladTepes on Tuesday, 09 May  2023, 03:45 PMWhere would you mount the innov cameras discretely on a 1400?

The cameras themselves (INNOVV K5 camera excepted) are relatively small ( about 30% of the size of a GoPro) so would easy mount off a small bracket attached to the headlight bolts or wing mirror bolts for the front, and next to the tail light at the rear.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk