A couple of videos from my Scotland trip

Started by Rynglieder, Sunday, 13 September 2020, 04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynglieder

I've been recording several of my longer tours (Spain, Croatia, Italy, Hungary etc.) on video for a few years, purely for my own satisfaction and too look back on when the day comes that I am too damned old to ride a bike.

Generally I don't "publish" anything as they are personal to me and probably of little interest to anyone else, this sort of stuff can just act as a magnet to people who like to snipe at your riding style, route, editing technique or the colour of your jacket.

However I needed to share a couple whith someone who expessed an interest so there are two videos on Youtube now showing part one and two of my Scotland trip, the third and concluding one will get worked on over the next couple of weeks. As they are out there you are welcome to take a look if of interest.

The camera used is an Innovv C5 mounted on the bike and wired through the battery so with a 64gb card in it captures everything from the moment you fire it up until you are at your hotel or back in the garage at home. Picture quality is not what it should be, it is affected by vibration making the picture wavey - I'm working on this at the moment and have just tried to cobble together some damping with tap and hose washers but I have not got there yet - there is nothing as effictive as the human body as a shock absorber and I can see the merit in helmet cams but am put off by the battery life (and probably the Telleytbuuy look).

Having captured say a full eight hours riding I then prefer to edit it down to an hour, focusing on particularly scenic or interesting bits including major junctions and stop-offs so that I finish up with a bit of a story of the day that I have had (complete with rain and wet roads if that is what I was dealt) rather than just the pretty bit in the middle. The five or six hour motorway run to the highlands has been compressed to about three minutes, but it is there because it happend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJAuYnoXFI&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_OKfaJ-ws&t=1s

Enjoy if you wish, but I won't be offended if you don't!

seth

Great stuff
You could have called in on your way past us in Perth.
I'd have even made you a coffee .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

GSX1400Convert

Oh, now I know why you asked about equipment, GoPro.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Rynglieder

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 13 September  2020, 04:37 AM
Great stuff
You could have called in on your way past us in Perth.
I'd have even made you a coffee .

If I'd have known there was free coffee I would have been straight in there - like a rat up a drainpipe  :)

As it goes I think I was closer to you on my third day up there (not edited down yet) when I rode accross to the A9 and then up to Avimore / Cairngorm before looping back. I stopped off at a Co-op Texaco filling satation in Aberfeldy and there was a guy there on a B&W K2, I asked him if I might know him from this forum, but it turned out he'd never heard of us...

seth

Looks a great trip .
You'd be welcome anytime .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

grog

Watched, engrossed that 2nd video. Amazing country, way different to here. 👍👍

Rynglieder

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 13 September  2020, 09:20 PM
Watched, engrossed that 2nd video. Amazing country, way different to here. 👍👍

That stuff obscuring the camera lens is called rain - they get quite a bit of it up there (it's how they create the lochs) - I thought I had better explain as you don't seem to have any down there.  :grin:

Rynglieder

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 13 September  2020, 07:25 PM
Looks a great trip .
You'd be welcome anytime .

I knew I was going to love it up there and wasn't disappointed, it had been put off for too long.

Now I have had a propr taste, just like Arnie "I'll be back".

Catch you next time.

Pete.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk