News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Sunday ride

Started by Kiwifruit, Wednesday, 26 July 2023, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Been a while since I've had a day out on the bike. As many will know we cancelled our trip to Europe, Ireland and the Isle of Man due to me getting sick. Feeling much better now tho still waiting for an angiogram,lost over 7kg which makes me feel a bit more fleet footed, even started playing tennis again.
Sunday was the day, joined the Bay of Plenty BMW owners club on their ride to Otorohonga. 10 of us in total. Well organized day, experienced riders and no one grizzled that I was riding a gleaming Suzuki 1400. The sun was out, bit breezy in the morning got warmer in the arvo. Great bunch of guys, good food and coffee at the cafes we stopped at.
So nice to be out on the bike on a crisp sunny day, great winding back roads, we did 300kms for the day and the 14 ran like a charm. I'd forgotten how enjoyable a day out on the bike can be.
 :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Will14

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Wednesday, 26 July  2023, 09:18 AMBeen a while since I've had a day out on the bike. As many will know we cancelled our trip to Europe, Ireland and the Isle of Man due to me getting sick. Feeling much better now tho still waiting for an angiogram,lost over 7kg which makes me feel a bit more fleet footed, even started playing tennis again.
Sunday was the day, joined the Bay of Plenty BMW owners club on their ride to Otorohonga. 10 of us in total. Well organized day, experienced riders and no one grizzled that I was riding a gleaming Suzuki 1400. The sun was out, bit breezy in the morning got warmer in the arvo. Great bunch of guys, good food and coffee at the cafes we stopped at.
So nice to be out on the bike on a crisp sunny day, great winding back roads, we did 300kms for the day and the 14 ran like a charm. I'd forgotten how enjoyable a day out on the bike can be.
 :cheers:
There is nothing like a good full day out on the bike, helps reset the mind in my opinion  :onya:

Kiwifruit

Fat Kiwi Cafe, Otorohonga.

20230723_113659.jpg
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

:confused1: isn't it the middle of winter Col ? 🥶🥶🥶🏍�🏍�

We're off to Tenterfield Bowls Club this weekend for Christmas in July & a fundraiser for the Rescue Chopper with a pig on the spit & a few 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Maybe roll a few bowls in the afternoon before the rink ices over 🙀🙀🙀🥶🥶🥶

I'm assured it will be 1 or 2 degs Sunday morning ☃️☃️🏍�
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

You lot in the upside down part of the world seam to be getting good weather so
CAN WE PLEASE HAVE OUR SUMMER BACK .
Thanks  :doh:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

GSXKING

I'll bet the Greeks are disagreeing with that assessment 🔥🔥🔥🙀🙀🙀
Chris

Irish in Oz

We need to find a way to control the Jet Stream before it collapses in 2025.

Mick_J

Do you know which month it will be in 2025, just so I know if I should renew my insurance or not?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Mick_J on Saturday, 29 July  2023, 05:41 PMDo you know which month it will be in 2025, just so I know if I should renew my insurance or not?

6th April.

GSXKING

Good turnout for Xmas in July
Chris

Mick_J

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Saturday, 29 July  2023, 06:11 PM
Quote from: Mick_J on Saturday, 29 July  2023, 05:41 PMDo you know which month it will be in 2025, just so I know if I should renew my insurance or not?

6th April.

Perfect, insurance is due 14 April, thanks for the heads up.  :clapping:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk