News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Dealer Mode Plug Wiring

Started by froudy, Sunday, 10 April 2022, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

Seth asked me to share this on here for reference. I photoshopped it while I was working on mine one day.

To check for codes you short the white/red and the black/white together. Just remember that the GSX1400 ECU does not store codes. You need to short the wires before turning the ignition off to get the codes. I fitted an external dealer mode switch to make this a lot easier to do.

For reference, a list of Fault Codes can be found here https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=429.0
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

seth

Thanks buddy
@VladTepes @gsxbarmy
Could this be made a sticky or added with a list of fault codes to make it easy to find .
Thanks  :cheers:

@seth : I've made this a sticky as requested, plus I've amended Froudy's post (above) to include a link to the fault codes  :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

MickyJB

Question regarding the 'short out' the wires, is this done on the other side of the plug ? I presume on the pins or sockets? ..  I loop a wire and touch each of the R&W & B&W  wires at same time ?

When I want to exit Dealer Mode do I do the same or ignition on ???

TIA
Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

grog

in the plug Mate, just connect together.To exit, pin out,pretty much it.

Hooli

Quote from: MickyJB on Tuesday, 23 April  2024, 07:22 PMQuestion regarding the 'short out' the wires, is this done on the other side of the plug ? I presume on the pins or sockets? ..  I loop a wire and touch each of the R&W & B&W  wires at same time ?

When I want to exit Dealer Mode do I do the same or ignition on ???

TIA

You're over thinking it & assuming these bikes are complicated.

As long as the two wires are connected, you're in dealer mode. As soon as they are disconnected, it's out of dealer mode. The proper dealer tool is a simple switch that plugs into the connector & does the same thing poking a wire in to bridge the terminals does.

Eric GSX1400K3

A paperclip does the trick
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

MickyJB

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 23 April  2024, 10:19 PMA paperclip does the trick

I did the paper clip trick but all I got was CHEC on the screen .. would this be because the fuel tank was off and not connected to power ?

Remember I'm on my L's   :smile2:
Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

Hooli

Quote from: MickyJB on Wednesday, 24 April  2024, 10:50 PMI did the paper clip trick but all I got was CHEC on the screen .. would this be because the fuel tank was off and not connected to power ?

Normally means it's in gear with the stand down or the kill switch off.

Eric GSX1400K3

Ignition on and red kill switch pressed on (I.e that you hear the fuel pump prime). Remember the ecu doesn't store codes.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

MickyJB

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 12:10 AM
Quote from: MickyJB on Wednesday, 24 April  2024, 10:50 PMI did the paper clip trick but all I got was CHEC on the screen .. would this be because the fuel tank was off and not connected to power ?

Was on centre stand, in neutral and kill switch was not off. I'm not sure about side stand ..  usually I put that in when on centre stand but can't be sure this time.

I thought it may have had something to do with tank not connected.

Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

MickyJB

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 09:26 AMIgnition on and red kill switch pressed on (I.e that you hear the fuel pump prime). Remember the ecu doesn't store codes.

Well the pump couldn't prime because the tank was off ..  I guess that's the reason.  :grin:
Mick
08 Special Edition
Ulysses 69619

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: MickyJB on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 10:02 AM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 09:26 AMIgnition on and red kill switch pressed on (I.e that you hear the fuel pump prime). Remember the ecu doesn't store codes.

Well the pump couldn't prime because the tank was off ..  I guess that's the reason.  :grin:
mate, if you need a hand, I believe I'm only a few suburbs away from you. Send me a pm and I'll give you my number.

Hooli

Quote from: MickyJB on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 10:00 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 25 April  2024, 12:10 AM

Was on centre stand, in neutral and kill switch was not off. I'm not sure about side stand ..  usually I put that in when on centre stand but can't be sure this time.

I thought it may have had something to do with tank not connected.

I can't honestly recall if I've done it with the tank off, probably not. As the bike doesn't store codes there's no point doing it unless it's running with the FI light on.

Except for setting the TPS that way, rather than with a ohmmeter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk