News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Best Suzuki.

Started by Mick_J, Saturday, 21 March 2020, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

I'm going to give a shout out to my Suzuki GP 125, because it got me and two others through our bike test. The two others had gamma 125's and they didn't have the steering lock for the handling course so they borrowed mine. My second choice is the Suzuki x5 (200), couldn't get the x7 as they were all trashed or thrashed , electric starter ( only if the bike was fully warmed up ). I wish I still had that one, lovely little bike. :riding:

T 24

One vote to GS 1000 G. I rode 199 000 km with that during 25 years.
Notice my old (and present) top box :facepalm:
Pic is from '88 or '89

Johno

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Tuesday, 24 March  2020, 06:39 PM
I have a GS1000G in Oz, I should do a resto on it when I go back, it's a blue one which I like. Bike complete cost me $300 but didn't have a seat, picked one up while on holiday in UK from the Hairy Breakers took it home in my suitcase cost $200 but at least it was refurbished with nice patterned seat cover like original.

Irish,

When you get the resto done you can ride both and confirm that " red ones" definitely go faster.

Even Pops Yoshimura painted most of his Suzukis red and the Heron Suzuki Formula one machines were mainly red. I rest my case.

Blue and white 1400s are fast enough for me.
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Roo

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 24 March  2020, 05:05 PM
ooooww, twin leading shoes!  :stir: Bet that pulled up nicely, yeah right!    :whistling:  Think my T250 had the same as well.
Before the RD's arrived(like pre 72)  we used to put  AM4 linings on the shoes, turned the hubs gold with the heat.....Stopped as good as discs we reckoned.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Johno on Wednesday, 25 March  2020, 07:29 AM

Irish,

When you get the resto done you can ride both and confirm that " red ones" definitely go faster.

Even Pops Yoshimura painted most of his Suzukis red and the Heron Suzuki Formula one machines were mainly red. I rest my case.

Blue and white 1400s are fast enough for me.

Well Johno,
Red must make even more difference to a Yamaha because the XJ at 150cc less capacity shits all over a 1000G.

As for 1400s my black 1200S is quicker  :stir:

Johno

Jeff,

When it comes to getting serious I think it's at least 80% rider.

I'm sure you have scared a few sports bike riders on one of your Vintage bikes.

The 1000G is at least 255kgs before fluids and a rider. The unsprung weight, especially the mag wheels are a killer.

But as a long distance tourer hard to beat.

Don't know much about XJ900s except the red one goes faster.

Hope to see you back on it before too long.

Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Kiwifruit

Had a red XJ750 for a while, great bike. Wish I had got to ride the 900.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Tally

I had 3 900's, 2f's and a diversion, brilliant courier bikes. :riding:

GSXKING

"Best Suzuki" is the topic gentlemen and others. :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

WTF are you talking about these other brand bikes FFS  :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

My three favourite Suzuki's were GT500 (never owned), GT750 (had one for a little while in 84) and the mighty GSX1100 (owned one for three years 82-85).
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Owned lots. GSX 1400 is the best.

Irish in Oz

Owned lots. Yamaha's are the best.  :stir:

Johno

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 26 March  2020, 09:21 PM
Owned lots. GSX 1400 is the best.

The last four bikes I purchased:

1976 GS400 - my first road bike. I had owned unmentionable trail bikes before that. But not manufactured bu the piano makers.

1978 GS1000HC - it was red and white. Going from the GS400 to the 1000 was like the difference between night and day. Some great trips to Cairns, Alice Springs and South Australia. The wire wheeled production racing version won a lot of races here before the release of the GSX1100s.

1981 GS1000G - great motor combined with shaft drive. Have I mentioned it is red! It was my only bike from 1981 to 2015.

I spent a few years following behind a black 1400.

So when it was time to buy a modern bike the GSX1400 was an obvious option.

With an Irish Forum member and his trailer in tow we brought home a blue and white K5 with 45000 kms on the clock. No history on the bike but an original with a Staitune muffler. As you would expect the motor is perfect and the only requirements in the last four years have been oil and filter changes, new chain and sprockets and brake pads.

The seat is not as comfortable as the GS1000G but just about everything else is better.

The 6 pot front brakes lack feel and progression you get with modern European cars but you are not going to get this from turn of the century technology.

Overall couldn't be happier with my Suzuki's.

Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

'best' - hmmm.
Quotebest - (n) that which is the most excellent, outstanding, or desirable.

Nope still doesn't help - too many to choose from.
Assuming the GSX1400 is the best of the best - you know, without any form of bias here... what else.

The original Katana (not the modern pisstake) certainly has to be a contender. Iconic? Absolutely!

The best? Yea.. no. Close though.

I do like Hayabusas for some reason, but certainly not an aesthetic one :lol:
Be cool to have an original one from '99

Iconic? Yep. The best? No.

The TL1000R is a personal favourite for no good reason. But not the best.

The Bandit was revolutionary of course, but that doesn't make it the best. GSX1400s are better, for a start!

I LOVE this 1972 GT750, it's gorgeous.

But ultimately I come back to the GSX1400.
After all, I own one for a good reason!

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk