News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

190 BHP

Started by Notty, Monday, 08 May 2017, 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

We were visiting relatives in Lincoln and Mrs Notty expressed a wish to visit the lovely Lincoln Cathedral -I am not tight fisted but £8 each seemed a little steep, but its such a beautiful building I thought I would splash out - It was quite a shock as we entered to find all seating removed and an exhibition extolling the engineering history of Lincolnshire was inside the Cathedral and FREE entry.
They had replaced the Altar with a bike, something seemed familiar about the engine..I realised that God had answered my prayers !!

oh..it cost £129,000 with 5 already ordered and all made in Lincolnshire  :smile2:
The guy said they chose the 1400 engine as it was virtually unbreakable and good for 200 MPH  :smile2:
God moves in mysterious ways !!
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

spizzoil

i only live 500 meters away from it if it wasn't for the other half I live miles away from it but she loves it up here but have to say what a bike

KiwiCol

Nice find Notty, just checked my spare change & I'm only 128,995 pound short, so maybe next week I'll order one . . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Strange bike.
Its a bit odd calling it a Sheene Tribute.
A custom bike, turbo, using a heavy wide engine, funny looks.
Wouldn't think of "Sheene" unless someone told me.

I remember them saying 7 or 8 years ago they were going to limit it to 52 bikes, I don't think they would be a problem with that price and the fact that Norton bought Spondon (the frame builder) and stripped and demolished the factory.

http://www.bikeexif.com/barry-sheene

Interesting bike though.

froudy

I sort of like the look of it..But the thought of trying to check the valve clearances and various other jobs scares the crap out of me..Engine out job..NO thank you :facepalm:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Halibag

only 190. I laugh and giggle in the face of 190 :) Looks sweet though

VladTepes

Quote from: froudy on Monday, 08 May  2017, 05:52 AM
I sort of like the look of it..But the thought of trying to check the valve clearances and various other jobs scares the crap out of me..Engine out job..NO thank you :facepalm:

That was more or less my immediate reaction !  Then when I thought of the price...yowsers !

I loved Bazza but can't pay THAT much tribute to him !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

RickC

Thanks for sharing Notty.

It would be good to see in the flesh,

but does seem extremely overpriced.

Cheers,
Rick

Kiwifruit

Nice pics....... Notty !!

Do you think that while God is moving in mysterious ways he could move the decimal point...........then we could all have one   :worshippy:

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 08 May  2017, 06:36 PM
Nice pics....... Notty !!

Do you think that while God is moving in mysterious ways he could move the decimal point...........then we could all have one   :worshippy:

Bulk discount? 446 members gotta be worth a discount !! I must say the quality was very good and all the bits made in Lincolnshire - all fanatical polishers there I reckon if Spizz is anything to go bye :smile2: !
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

diebythereaper

Does anyone know how many of these were actually built or did it got the same way as Norton has?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk