How to "add a pic to the text area" procedure

Started by KiwiCol, Tuesday, 13 June 2023, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: hard road on Wednesday, 14 June  2023, 08:20 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Wednesday, 14 June  2023, 07:35 PMWay to complicated guys

yeah i now have a headache  :bugga:   over at O.S.S. all you do is press the add a pic button and select the pic from your computer and its posted. how do they do that so easy ?   

Yeah, exactly the same on the Busa forum. simple, Quick and easy.

Hooli

hard road

Quote from: 1AW022 on Wednesday, 14 June  2023, 08:25 PMJust a quick test-icle to see it works for me

20220522_105626.jpg

me thinks you have an oil leak on that clutch cover  :undecided: 

Dwain Dibley

This is what I get when I try to insert pics, no insert button. It seems to be hidden behind the file size bar.

D.D.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 5.43.39 PM.png

Strangely I could see just the faintest edge of that one, and managed to get the cursor on it.  :rolleyes:

To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

KiwiCol

Yeah, something weird happening here, my UI looks one way, Tonys' is different to mine & yours Dwain is different again to both.  ???  :confused1:

I really can't understand why there are different layouts on different machines, the UI should be the same for everyone.  Maybe @VladTepes or @lesmond can elaborate and offer suggestions to remedy.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

lesmond

Different browsers will show a different layouts, not much we can do about that :embarrassed:

Dwain Dibley

I am using my new Chrome book.
I'll have a look at my old windows machine.

D.D.
To Infirmity and Beyond.. :-)

grog

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Col, easy on Windows, just send pic to desktop then attach. Not as easy on I Phone but still easy. Android phone/tablet, cant figure them out. I always have more trouble with them in everything so not caring. Yeah, im no newbie on Android, its my work link, multiple hours.

VladTepes

Yep, modern responsive coding will see different layouts on desktop, tablet and mobile.

This is designed to make best use of available real estate and make the forum as legible as possible.

There may, as Les mentioned, also be some minor variations between browsers, and that is a decision 'made' by the browser as to how it renders certain code, and beyond our control.

Last, there are also a few people who have decided to select the 'standard' theme rather that the new GSX specific theme that @lesmond created for us.
This is not ideal as we can't necessarily cater for both use cases.  The specific GSX theme is the 'official / endorsed' one as far as this forum is concerned.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

The upload is what it us, and hasn't fundamentally changed in the way it operates on the back end, since the previous version. There have been a few front-end enhancements.

In any event it's part of the main forum code, and cannot be changed.

BTW I just had a look at the old school suzuki forum at it's an invision community forum.
Aside from having numerous limitations I'm not prepared to accept, it also cost FROM $45/month to have.

As a side note, the gallery is periodically not accessible at the moment and we are looking into that.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Globalrider

There must be an easier way to add a photo - or maybe I'm just thick!
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

zaphod

zaphod

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 13 June  2023, 07:34 PMClick the wide grey button below the text area
Seems with the latest update, adding a pic to the text area is slightly different to the previous version.

How to add pic's now:
Click the wide grey button below the text area (says drag n drop or use the button) Click on that.
This will take you to where your pic's are, click on the desired pic (pic's) & you'll see them below.

Remember:  There is a max file upload size of 2mb per post, so if your pic's are too large, reduce the size of them, save & try again. If you have multiple pic's and you exceed the limit for 1 post, just re-post underneath & add the rest there.

to continue;
Note, there is a small blue 'up arrow' next to your pic, click on this arrow then on the blue 'Insert' button & your pic will be inserted in the text where you currently have your cursor.

WP_20180414_12_48_39_Pro.jpg

You can change where the pic is going to be displayed by just moving the whole line of the attachment to where you want it.  Have a go & see how it works.

don't have a wide grey button below the text area

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk