Fork alignment

Started by Speedy1959, Wednesday, 31 May 2023, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 01 June  2023, 09:26 AMIs Shirley Speed your sister Si?  :confused1:                  or you're alter ego . . . :whistling:  :stir:  :onya:

Col,
I dont have a Sister Lol..
Just one BAD tempered Git of a Brother..
Its like when we were born I got all the "Nice genes"..
He got all the Nasty ones..
Luckily he doesnt ride now nor visit forums..
He used to be a bit of a nutter on his Hyabusa.. I used to know Bonkers Bikers that said he was a nutter !!
IAt the time he was a single parent and I often reminded him he had a 14 yr old Daughter waiting at home!!!
He eventually saw sense and sold the bike.

GSXKING

21 years of ownership and 148,000 kms has taught me a few things about GSX1400's.
Trying to get everything aligned is damned near impossible.
I crashed mine in 2007 & frame was out of alignment. Race prep guy straightened it in a jig & I've never adjusted settings since. Things wear out etc. but imho if you're riding 10 Tenths on a GSX it's far...ing hard work.
Back of 20% it's very enjoyable 🥳🥳😎😎🙏🙏
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

Quote from: hard road on Thursday, 01 June  2023, 12:56 AM
Quote from: mjgt on Thursday, 01 June  2023, 12:31 AMThe only thing I can think of is that on the main stand the steering geometry is changed so the forks wont work the same when the bike is on both wheels or even on axle stands.  There will also be a change in weight distribution.  I don't see how this will effect alignment but it will change the angle for caster and wheelbase measurements.

has nothing to do with alignment  :onya: 

I get that, I was just thinking of ANY reason someone would say not to use the main stand.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk