Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Quote from: northern on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 02:02 AM
Ride my new kitty from it's previous owner to my "stable".
Very different from 14...

At last! A proper bike on this forum (from another Tiger owner (Explorer 1200)) .

Very nice Northern  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

T 24

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 07:54 AM

At last! A proper bike on this forum (from another Tiger owner (Explorer 1200)) .

Some day my next bike will be a big four stroke enduro. Or I'll buy a proper 4 stroke enduro beside our GSX and XJR.
2 strokers are out, i'm too old, I have had 8 of them.
But there is one thing I'm wondering. Those two greatest big enduros, BMW and Triumph, why are they made so,so ugly on purpose??
And those top boxex and panniers have to look like old tool boxes??
They hurt my eye, but I still like them a lot and I want one.

grog

Some Day also for me. No Triumph or BMW. Id like a new V Strom 1000. Not much of a good looker but seem to tick a lot of boxes. Exhaust would have to be changed, terrible can.

Speedy1959

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 04:44 PM
Some Day also for me. No Triumph or BMW. Id like a new V Strom 1000. Not much of a good looker but seem to tick a lot of boxes. Exhaust would have to be changed, terrible can.

Grog
Just watched a video on the new V strom..
Is it me or does this guy ride like a T*@T  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=JC6qqnjXUxQ

S

grog

Speedy, no link. V Strom get good reviews but like all Suzuki, a few mods needed, not a problem in my eyes.

grog

Hooli

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 07:54 AM

Proper make, wrong factory.

Meriden Triumph owner.

Tony Nitrous

Like most current Suzuki's it's hard to use the word "new" and V Strom in the same sentence and keep a straight face.

I do like the most recent Honda CRF1000 Africa Twin though.
Been on rides with a couple and know a guy who did a track day on one.
I wouldn't mind one.

Speedy1959

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 06:18 PM
Speedy, no link. V Strom get good reviews but like all Suzuki, a few mods needed, not a problem in my eyes.

OOps I will try again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6qqnjXUxQ&t=753s

S

KiwiCol

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 05:41 PM
Quote from: grog on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 04:44 PM

Grog
Just watched a video on the new V strom..
Is it me or does this guy ride like a T*@T  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=JC6qqnjXUxQ

S
Agree, it appears to be very fast through residential areas & through traffic.  Is the speedo on MPH or K's?  If it's MPH (which I suspect it is) Yep, I'd agree he's riding like a T*@T
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Speedy1959

Just googled it and it seems the Americans use MPH

S.

northern

Quote from: T 24 on Saturday, 21 September  2019, 03:13 PM
But there is one thing I'm wondering. Those two greatest big enduros, BMW and Triumph, why are they made so,so ugly on purpose??
And those top boxex and panniers have to look like old tool boxes??
They hurt my eye, but I still like them a lot and I want one.
I feel you, Jussi.
They are not looking great, but I can tell now, they are great to ride. And when I ride it, I do not see it :)

I start to think about big (or middle size) enduro bike, when I start feeling my knees after ~250-300km of ride.
So, I was searching for options, and even get quotation for new Triumph. Also I was looking on BMW. less on 850GS, moore on R1200GS. But 1200 is very expensive, if it have all good accessories.
Also, I think Triumph triple engine seems better to me...
So, at first, I was thinking to wait until Triumph will issue update for smaller Tiger (they have to do it, because of EURO 5 regulations, which will be obligatory since 2020). it will be better then current Tiger 800, but it probably will be more expensive...

And then I find this option:
2018 XCa, 2431km, Arrow performance exhaust, some additional accessories, in total 3 sets of tires, OEM top case, quality tank bag... I do not even know all the list.
And price was 3000€ less, from what I get offered for new from dealership. I though, it will be sin not to take this offer.

And here it is: my 2 babies  :smitten:

gsxbarmy

As a Tiger 1200 owner, I have to agree that the Triumph, BMW etc Enduro bikes will never win on looks. But that's not the point of them - they are built for comfort, ease of maintenance and practicality. And they do that in spades.

Before buying mine, I also looked at the Suzuki, Kawasaki Versys, BMW GS and Ducati.

- V-Strom was nice but really needed an update
- Versys - did everything I asked of it but was just boring to ride
- Ducati - loved the Interstrada. But servicing costs were incredibly high plus you could only buy rear tyres from Ducati and they have a reputation fir eating them
- BMW GS - more flickable through the bends than the Triumph but a lot more expensive than the Triumph as were the accessories
- Triumph Tiger - good handling, electric suspension, electric screen

At the end of the day it was between the Triumph and BMW. Triumph had the more advanced features than the Beemer, so Triumph it was. Never regretted my decision.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Today I rode mine to Halfrauds, as I needed oil n filter for it's next service that'll be due at some point this week. Oh & I priced up a tyre at the local dealer who have a free fitting offer.

It's back to being a commuting toy too as the Jag is awaiting welding for the MOT before it's legal again, watch it rain all week now.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 23 September  2019, 06:06 AM
As a Tiger 1200 owner, I have to agree that the Triumph, BMW etc Enduro bikes will never win on looks. But that's not the point of them - they are built for comfort, ease of maintenance and practicality. And they do that in spades.

Before buying mine, I also looked at the Suzuki, Kawasaki Versys, BMW GS and Ducati.

- V-Strom was nice but really needed an update
- Versys - did everything I asked of it but was just boring to ride
- Ducati - loved the Interstrada. But servicing costs were incredibly high plus you could only buy rear tyres from Ducati and they have a reputation fir eating them
- BMW GS - more flickable through the bends than the Triumph but a lot more expensive than the Triumph as were the accessories
- Triumph Tiger - good handling, electric suspension, electric screen

At the end of the day it was between the Triumph and BMW. Triumph had the more advanced features than the Beemer, so Triumph it was. Never regretted my decision.

Have you tried the Africa Twin?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk