Previous topic - Next topic

seth

i know and its not really about that  :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Blubber

That would do the trick for me  :popcorn:

( i navigate on a small screen and have thick fingers )
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Rynglieder

:hat: Couple of things my Overlords.....

We have a rides & meets section on here but would it be possible to separate into sections such as:
1] Proposed rides - where members can see if there is any interest in getting together in the future
2] Trip reports - where members can drop a few (or a lot) of words on what they have been up to on their bikes.
I suppose after the date of a proposed ride has passed it could drop into the second category with peoples post-ride posts (if that makes any sense)

Second one; On the old Org I could position a photo where I wanted among the text I was writing, on the new forum photos seem to get chucked to the bottom. Is there a way of positioning a photo within the text and if so can you give me a idiot's guide?

Thanks,

Pete.

VladTepes

1.  In the long term this may well be useful but I am wary of dividing the forum into too many sub-sections too early.  I suggest that if you title the thread appropriately it should attract attention eg:  Proposed ride: Wales: 20November
or whatever works for you.

2.  If you upload your pictures to the gallery you can put them anywhere you want in your post.  It's only attachments which 'attach' at the bottom of the post.  Once you get the hang of it, the gallery is a much better way to go than attachments - for a start you can post the picture in other threads easily at a alter date, if needs be.

Thanks for the suggestion about a tutorial though.  When I get a chance I will put something together about how to use the gallery...  Cheers
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

ARH

Hi Vlad - 1 functionality I couldnt find here that I believe may be useful... a 'go to last unread post' button in each thread?  I do use the unread post since last visit functionality but it only shows the complete thread... then you have an option to go to 'last post' in that thread and have to work back to where you last read... a button for that in the thread would be cool....

Thanks.. great work being done here!!

Hooli

Quote from: ARH on Friday, 18 February  2022, 06:46 PM
Hi Vlad - 1 functionality I couldnt find here that I believe may be useful... a 'go to last unread post' button in each thread?  I do use the unread post since last visit functionality but it only shows the complete thread... then you have an option to go to 'last post' in that thread and have to work back to where you last read... a button for that in the thread would be cool....

Click on the bit that says 'new' next to the thread title works for me.

ARH

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 18 February  2022, 09:01 PM
Quote from: ARH on Friday, 18 February  2022, 06:46 PM

Click on the bit that says 'new' next to the thread title works for me.

OK.. I must be completely stupid..  :confused1:  I dont see anything that says 'new' next to the thread title ... point an old fella in the right direction would ya?

ARH

Ignore me.. I am completely stupid  :whistling: 

Found it...  @Hooli thanks for the heads up...  :salute:

grog

Vlad, maybe the Birthdays of the day showing, think we had that once before, old org? nothing important but just to create some posts. Maybe stupid idea, im full of them.

Nic

I would like the option to edit or even delete a post, as it is now you can edit for a short time after posting and then that option disappears.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Nic on Sunday, 20 February  2022, 03:35 PM
I would like the option to edit or even delete a post, as it is now you can edit for a short time after posting and then that option disappears.

Hi  Nic, we had that a while ago, we changed it to how it is now for good reason. 

If you ever need a post editing or amending, please feel free to pm one of the admin team, we're happy to oblige.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

Quote from: ARH on Friday, 18 February  2022, 10:17 PM
Ignore me.. I am completely stupid  :whistling: 
I'll take your word for it.  :rofl2:

Quote from: Nic on Sunday, 20 February  2022, 03:35 PM

Hey mate as @KiwiCol stated, we did remove that functionality as it was abused by a (former) member at one stage.
When I do the forum upgrade I can refine it a bit thpugh to make editing available for a longer period before it 'locks' a given post. As Kiwicol says, if you want anything changed pleas let us know by messaging us and we'll be happy to oblige. :onya:

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 19 February  2022, 04:39 PM
Vlad, maybe the Birthdays of the day showing, think we had that once before, old org? nothing important but just to create some posts. Maybe stupid idea, im full of them.
Not a stupid idea.  Golf. Golf is stupid idea.  :stir:
The Birthdays thing would require a "mod" to the forum (that is, it's not core functionality) and there's no mod compatible with the new forum software version (obviously a critical consideration).
I am sure that at some point a mod will be made available for that and if/when that happens we'll give it a try.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Not a prob Vlad, was just a thought. As for golf, sounds like something i might be interested in. 🤣⛳️

Nic

I was addicted to golf in the 80s and 90s, my claim to fame is one round where I scored 1 under par for the whole 18 holes, get that up ya.

grog

Nic, id be proud of that 👍My best was 7 over off the stick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk