Helmet cam on flip front helmet?

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 22 May 2020, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Helmet cam set ups seem easy to accomplish with a standard motorcycle helmet- mount on side, top or chin guard.

My Shoei GT-Air is a different matter. Can't mount on top as that's where the face shield swings to.

Can't do a chinguard mount if a microphone is being used (as I want to do) as wiring would be an issue when the front is flipped.

Seems to pretty much leave only the side of the helmet - but due to mechanism for flipping up front of helmet the camera would face out at about 45 degree rather than to the front.

Anyoen come up with a workable solution?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Globalrider

Here's what worked for me - Mines a Schuberth flip and GoPro mount - get no vibration and with sound on can narrate as I film.
I have a new HJC Flip and works the same.
Cheers
Stan
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

GSXKING

Is HJC a good brand bud ? Are they quiet ?  :whatever: :whatever:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Dusty ST

GT Air... you must mean Neotec?
I've got a Drift Ghost X mounted on the RHS of my Neotec. Needs to be RHS as the drop down visor lever is on the left.
The camera needs a bit of tweaking to get the angle right, it has a rotatable lens to get the horizon level and the mount adjusts to get the horizon at the right height.
I don't use a mic, but someone else I know uses a remote mic tucked into the helmet liner - which is a bit of a faff.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

Globalrider

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 22 May  2020, 04:55 PM

@Globalrider thank you.

What cam do you use?

I have had a lot of HJCs and like them - when I bought the expensive Schuberth I was told they were the quietest - not so! And, that is the reason I went back to the HJC so happy now!
:cheers:
Stan

Globalrider

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 22 May  2020, 04:55 PM

@Globalrider thank you.

What cam do you use?
I have three on my bike - two GoPros - Hero & Hero 2 and a Sony AS15. The Hero2 is on my helmet - Hero on the front of the bike in various locations and Sony mounted on the left pannier. I can reach back easily to turn on and off - all work really well and have the GoPro remotes strapped to the left handle bar/Mirror. I've produced 20 videos of our rides with about another 20 to do!! I have to retire at the end of this year to get back at it!! I usually arrive home with about 15GB on data to sort!
This Virus thingy has really put a dent in our forays as we usually spend most rides in the States but as the border is closed to 'essential' travel only, that's a miss! I wonder if we arrived at the border and said riding was essential to our mental well being!!!!
Let me know how you get on with your helmet cam location!
:hat:
Stan

Eric GSX1400K3

[/quote]

I have had a lot of HJCs and like them - when I bought the expensive Schuberth I was told they were the quietest - not so! And, that is the reason I went back to the HJC so happy now!
:cheers:
Stan
[/quote]

Ive heard a lot of good things about HJC helmets, i went for a Shoei GTAir II this time, seemed to fit my noggin better than the HJCs the store had in stock.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Stan have you got a pic of your gopro fitted to you r h4elmet please?

Eric - I got one too and I find it really noisy! You?

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

numbskull

GSXKING

Thanks Stan you've made my mind up I will be buying two HJC RPHA 90's this weekend, one for me and one for my pillion in a million.  :salute: :salute:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

I was converted to a flip up. Never thought id like but a different story now. Brilliant for glasses wearers.

Globalrider

Quote from: grog on Monday, 25 May  2020, 06:48 PM
I was converted to a flip up. Never thought id like but a different story now. Brilliant for glasses wearers.
Yes as they usually have a fighter pilot visor as well which helps if adjusted jut enough to take the sun out at the top of the helmet opening.

Globalrider

Quote from: VladTepes on Monday, 25 May  2020, 12:56 PM
Stan have you got a pic of your gopro fitted to you r h4elmet please?

Here you go~!

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk