How to wash a motorcycle - LandyVlad style

Started by VladTepes, Wednesday, 08 July 2020, 09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

My first 'proper' YT video on my channel.

Please Like, Share, Subscribe
Do what you want to do.

Now without further ado...

9FaXtwFo6vs

The topic of my first video is washing my motorcycle, and I filmed it on my mobile phone which worked pretty well.

I learned a few things

* I accidentally filmed the first part of the video in portrait mode.  :facepalm:. I decided to put some text on screen apologising and letting the audience know it'll go to landscape mode soon. :)

* Due to the location of the camera and weird tripod / mount setup I managed to cut off most of my head on a fair few shots. Some might says that's a benefit  :whistling: but it's something I am now aware of and can fix for next time.

* I've only just realised now that the audio is stronger in one channel (left) in most sections, and right channel in other portions.  Perhaps I should have converted it to a mono audio track?

The sound quality was also better on my computer before I uploaded it to YouTube so not sure what the deal is with that. Something to do with compression I assume. Might need to look at the settings in my editor.

Despite all that, overall I'm pretty happy with it for a 'first' video for the channel

I'd appreciate if you could let me know what you think of the  video AND the 'look' on my channel, so far. (Things including channel art, logo etc - in fact anything)

Suggestions are always welcome.

Note that at the moment the videos on there are old / were created for forums and are not necessarily indicative of future content. They also lack thumbnails etc I'm aware of that and future ones will naturally have the usual 'bells and whistles'.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

bikerface

Great stuff Vlad!
Filming is the easy bit its the editing that takes time!
I am already a subscriber to your channel
Put a little comment on there

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

MarkN

Subscribed Vlad. Couldn't help wondering if you made this with Hooli in mind  :stir:

Hooli

froudy

Good to see you using my "Leaf blower" method for drying the bike. Works a treat doesn't it :onya: :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Sunday, 12 July  2020, 04:38 PM
Good to see you using my "Leaf blower" method for drying the bike. Works a treat doesn't it :onya: :onya:
never used my leaf blower for leaves but now have a use for it  :) :) :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

I'm still confused by the title of this thread.

VladTepes

LandyVlad is my internet nickname in many other places, rather than VladTepes.

Usually when VT was already taken. 

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Smakybiba

Thank you, Vlad, for the video - a detailed one.

grog

Just watched Vlad, you washing bike, Wife pruning the plants. Wouldnt work at my house.

Kiwifruit

Vlad checked your competition in the wash my bike stakes.
Couple of tips, seems you're lacking a near naked fair breasted wench with a soapy sponge & bucket.
Full marks for your choice and colour of bike, most others appear to have chosen American chromed compressors with grannies sideboard strapped across the back.
Good first effort a solid 7/10     :clapping:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Smakybiba

Thank you, Vlad, for the video - a detailed one. Even though I find it useful, I usually let someone else wash my car, but I subscribed to your channel. Maybe you can check some websites that offer more info on motorcycles, like https://motorcyclesportworld.com/, and see how they structure their articles. Get some inspiration and diversify your content. I'm sure this will bring new followers. But what's more important, share your own experience related to motorcycles. People don't just want to know the information they can find on the official website, but something that helped you in your experience or didn't work so well with your motorcycle.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: froudy on Sunday, 12 July  2020, 04:38 PM

Great for lighting fires too  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Thanks.
As with all things I have plenty of ideas but little time.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk