News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveh

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 26 March  2017, 06:24 PM
Quote from: mjgt on Sunday, 26 March  2017, 06:16 PM
Quote from: daveh on Sunday, 26 March  2017, 06:08 PM
I rode across to my sister in laws Saturday for an in law family gathering, wife and daughter had gone over the night before.
Came home Saturday with daughter on back, she has homework.
This morning down to the cafe to catch up with the lads, who were of for a hot dog ride.
In the photo below we are admiring Chris's Panigale which is out of shot.
Can you guess which one is me?

The geeza standing by the 14 about to put his helmet on?

Nah, that's Ron, he owns the brick behind my bike.
I'm on the extreme right of the photo.

KiwiCol

Coffee in hand & permanent neck warmer . . .

Actually, that section of the pic doesn't show unless I scroll across at the bottom, it's not all in view.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

@KiwiCol et al.

With the pics not showing in full - if on a PC - that is due to screen resolution.

Try this.

Hold the CTRL key down and then use your mouse wheel.  One way will zoom in, the other out.  If you zoom out enough, the whole picture will show.

Just FYI.

Cheers
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Big Geordi

KiwiCol

KiwiCol

Today, I rode her home (about 400K) and washed, dried & put some polish on her. Cleaned & oiled the chain - (new chain, gotta look after it!) and mounted the new Ram mount for my GoPro.
She's all clean n tidy ready for the next adventure.

Reece

Quote from: Big Geordi on Thursday, 30 March  2017, 05:56 PM
Put one of those cooler things on!
Like the usd forks what are they off and did you get triple tree made up and where did uou get the rear set from. 

Del

:facepalm: Got my oil leak sorted - seams the buffoon who fitted the repainted rocker cover my have inadvertently not located the rubber gasket in the groove correctly - so tank off - cover off - fit gasket correctly - clean up the engine - retorque all the bolts - put tank back on and Hurrah  :boogie: no leaks - oh and by the way the buffoon was me but looks like this is the only FUBAR encountered from all teh work undertaken so all is good and it is so so nice to get back on a decent CC'd bike 
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

gsxbarmy

Fitted and calibrated my Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - monitors Tyre Pressure, Tyre Temperature and additionally checks battery voltage - very neat little gadget - and also (finally) wired in my additional set of spots.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

barmy is that  triumph accessory or something else?
I know garmin has TP monitoring things which connect to the zumo by Bluetooth but I gather they are a bit flaky with the connection....
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

gsxbarmy

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 31 March  2017, 01:10 PM
barmy is that  triumph accessory or something else?
I know garmin has TP monitoring things which connect to the zumo by Bluetooth but I gather they are a bit flaky with the connection....

Aftermarket

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steelmate-TP90-Pro-TPMS-Tyre-Pressure-monitoring-System-Motorcycle-Motorbike-/361518546291?hash=item542c2f3d73:g:4LIAAOSwQjNW9Alz

I didn't want the Triumph one, first it's an option on my particular model, second you have to replace the sensors every time you change tyres -and at £200 a time (on top of the cost of your tyres - no thanks! I did actually buy this to fit my 14 then of course sold it, but this is really quite neat. Once set up, it scrolls through and displays your front and rear tyre pressures every 2 seconds with a green arrow - any change outside arameters you set and the display goes red, so slow or sudden loss of pressure or tyre gets hotter than you say (which it will do if you get a slow puncture). As an aside there is a button you can press to check battery voltage. It's about the size of a gents wrist watch when mounted.

I have the TP-90 Pro version which has the screw on sensors http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steelmate-TP90-Pro-TPMS-Tyre-Pressure-monitoring-System-Motorcycle-Motorbike-/361518546291?hash=item542c2f3d73:g:4LIAAOSwQjNW9Alz

The same is also available with in-tyre sensors http://www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/TP-90I-Pro-Professional-Motorcycle-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-System-317.html#SID=53%23SID=53 from Steelmate but I didn't want that.

The earlier TP-90 can still be bought on eBay but was discontinued over 2 years ago (so avoid) , likewise there are some copies around sold cheaper, so if you are thinking of buying one, just check the seller with Steelmate first.

I wanted this after  my mate got a slow loaded up with panniers at speed on a motorway - whilst he didn't have an off, the bike got hard to control as he slowed down so I decided I wanted "early warning".
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Mrg

well ive fitted the pairs mod and that's running all ok nice ..... now ive got the engine bars off those front bolts are a little fu++__))ker     to get off,,, I don't thing they have ever being off the bike since they were put on  .... ah well  so there off the be re chromed as well as both engine cover from ether side as well as the down pipes and collector box ,, and I was thinking about the rear hanger to but thinking about that one .... front rad guard off as well to the chrome man.... so the wheel will be off and prep for re spray, and then the engine to clean up work ... so that me busy for a week or two with this  :onya:   
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Kiwifruit

Brisk ride down to Napier yesterday watched my daughters graduation this morning then back home this arvo.
Love this bike, check tyre pressure, lube chain, gas up and go. A good fun 620 kms round trip.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Big Geordi

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk