Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Snapey

Checked the shims today expecting I'd have to replace a few after 190,000kms. A couple were on top tolerance but still within spec so it seems the diesel oil is doing it's job.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Snapey on Monday, 27 February  2017, 04:31 PM
Checked the shims today expecting I'd have to replace a few after 190,000kms. A couple were on top tolerance but still within spec so it seems the diesel oil is doing it's job.

Well done that man! 

Change the oil & filter, look after it & she'll just keep going and going.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

V_i_c_i

V_i_c_i

And made holder for lambda connector for autotune module for PC V.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 27 February  2017, 03:48 AM
Went out for a 160 mile spin around Kent and East Sussex, out through Dartford Tunnel, country roads down to Beachy Head, along through Eastbourne towards Hastings and then home. Cold and drizzly all day. Bike (and rider LOL) is absolutely minging. Will get cleaned tomorrow, should take me....ooh 30 mins back to immaculate. But I'll take a picture first and post up here, just a little too dark now

So here's the photos - 20 mins with a pressure washer and all clean now  :smitten:

Jeez it was a grubby day on the roads yesterday!!!!!
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

gsxbarmy

Mrg

Gsxbarmy

You have washed it that much it's turned into a triumph bike  were the 1400 gone  :onya:  :stir:  :stir:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Mrg on Tuesday, 28 February  2017, 02:53 AM
Gsxbarmy

You have washed it that much it's turned into a triumph bike  were the 1400 gone  :onya:  :stir:  :stir:

Indeed its turned into a proper bike................oops wrong forum LOL

Had I still got my 14, then I wouldn't even have considered going out yesterday, have to say super impressed the way the Trumpet went, far better in that sort of weather than the 14 I have to say (in all honesty) - but then the Triumph was built for that sort of ruggedness, the 14 never was.  :stir:

seth

i did 200 miles on mine yesterday still minging was not a day for the bike i wouldnt have gone out on the bike if i had a choice but i was away and yesterday was comming home :frustrated:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mrg

yes one of the main reasons I am getting a few bit together so the nice summer ones are for the summer and the other bits will be winter parts  black and covered up

and seth I like the cover sock for the rear springs .... I will be getting some of them for the winter  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

taximan

I admired it parked up in the garage still in one piece with no damage lol.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Mrg on Tuesday, 28 February  2017, 03:51 AM
yes one of the main reasons I am getting a few bit together so the nice summer ones are for the summer and the other bits will be winter parts  black and covered up

and seth I like the cover sock for the rear springs .... I will be getting some of them for the winter  :onya:

Do be wary of these suspension socks - never had one myself, but have read of rear suspension failures on other forums as they can contain the moisture inside the shock and possibly cause early failure

seth

they velcro and cable tie on .
so i remove ours a few times over the year also i use general grease on all moving parts before refitting the shox socks .
but dave is right they do need to be regularly checked .
shouldn't be thought of as fit and forget parts. :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Red Biker

Snook an hour away today and slipped these on
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk