News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Im just surprised there was room for the Tortoise on the rafters.......a space usually reserved for Mother in Laws.  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

grog

Speedy1959

Was twiddling my thumbs wondering what other not needed maintenance I could do when I suddenly remembered I had a brand new OEM clutch switch that I could fit..
I actually bought this as a preventative measure..
Had read of some instances of it failing and they aren't that expensive. My bike is 13 years old and god knows how many times the switch has been activated in that time.
I was very pleasantly surprised at what an easy job it was to replace.. 5 minutes maximum..
Now I wonder about the side stand switch..... Only kidding as those ARE pretty expensive !

KiwiCol

froudy

Quote from: northern on Sunday, 18 March  2018, 01:56 AM
Put a top coat on engine cover bolts, clear coat on some other parts, and left them to cure for 1.5 weeks (going skiing).
Not sure, what will be with those engine bolts next year, but now they look definitely much better then before  :cheesy:

@northern

These are a good option if you're not happy with your painted cam cover bolts. Listed for Bandit 600/1200, but are exactly the same as the GSX1400 bolts :onya:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSF600-GSF1200-Bandit-Titanium-Cam-Cover-8-Bolt-Set/202267322688?hash=item2f18126940:g:O2kAAOSwdBlasbWw

Or these...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Gsf-600-gsf-1200-Bandit-Titanium-Cam-Cover-Bolt-Set/152934475321?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49920%26meid%3D5064199a8aa745808e6c8882c8b3cae9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D202267322688%26itm%3D152934475321&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Kiwifruit

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 05:32 PM
Quote from: grog on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 04:35 PM
Imagine the size of our rafters
As they say Grog, everything is big in Australia

Our Health and Safety laws would prevent us from having one on the rafters.......maybe on the ground surrounded with orange cones....... but only maybe !!

Mick_J

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 05:32 PM
Quote from: grog on Thursday, 22 March  2018, 04:35 PM
Imagine the size of our rafters
As they say Grog, everything is big in Australia

According to a recent survey that includes waistlines, as Australians are fatter than Brits and the Brits are the fattest of the Europeans  ;)
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Speedy1959

Bought this for £70. Seller states its only done 21,000 miles (my own has done 28k)
I stripped it down and examined carefully. Both filters were clean..
The teabag filter had a very small amount of bits stuck to it but nothing like what I have seen photos of!
The HP filter seems spotless!
No restriction at all when I suck or blow via a snug fitting rubber pipe inserted into either inlet or outlet of the HP filter.
I tried flushing carb cleaner through from both side and caught what came out in some white kitchen roll.. It seemed like clean carb cleaner !!

Nothing wrong with my bikes own pump / filter as far as I know..
But wanted to strip down and clean (Plus do the regulator mod) without feeling pressured by potential crappy weather.
Remember all my DIY is done outside so I have to keep my meddling as quick as possible in case of rain.
This way I can simply swap my bike pump for the pre prepared pump.

Overall I think I got a bit of a bargain for a genuine GSX pump in such good condition..

seth

That looks better than you described bargin indeed it should only take a few mins to swop once the tank is off.
  :onya:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

KiwiCol

@seth @Speedy1959

Can you explain where that additional piece of wire is routed & how it holds what on?   I though it had to be over the top of that silver cap thing, to hold that on.

I was going to do the wire thing, but couldn't see where / how to hold the wee cap thing on.   Thx

Speedy1959

Quote from: KiwiCol on Friday, 23 March  2018, 09:07 AM
@seth @Speedy1959

Can you explain where that additional piece of wire is routed & how it holds what on?   I though it had to be over the top of that silver cap thing, to hold that on.

I was going to do the wire thing, but couldn't see where / how to hold the wee cap thing on.   Thx

One minute Col..
I will photo it close up for you..
I double wound the wire around the fuel pressure regulator..
Will take some photos now..

Speedy1959

Here you go Col..
These close ups should answer any questions..
I must admit I am surprised the regulator is known for detaching itself. My white clip was very secure.. However a bit of stainless steel wire wont do any harm either way..
Basically the wire acts as a support..
You don't need to wind it super tight.
I tensioned mine firmly without over doing it.

P.S I put my wire below the wide part of "the silver cap thing" to be totally sure it wouldn't vibrate off.

KiwiCol

Thx for the pic & explanation Speedy.  I thought the wire was to hold the cap thing on, not the whole assembly together.  I'm like you, surprised those clips come apart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk