News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Yeah we call it the "Australia Tax" .. not really a tax but companies selling into our market have a much higher mark up than they do in their home countries.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

northern

Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 13 July  2017, 11:59 PM
Yeah we call it the "Australia Tax" .. not really a tax but companies selling into our market have a much higher mark up than they do in their home countries.
interesting: Japan is closer to Australia then to Europe... And still your prices are higher

northern

Today I make 5 runs on a drag strip.
Best time I had was 11.75 seconds. Bike is capable do 11.5, and even lower, but I'm the one who can't start properly :thumbs_down:
Issue is, 1402 cc is going to OUTLAW racing class, and in this class "Christmas Tree" fires all yellow lights at the same time, and then green "go" (lower classes have yellows as 1,2,3 "go"). Also issue is, other bike's  in OUTLAW class are Turbo and Nitro Hayabusa's :)  and similar (fastest run 9.4139)...

During qualification, my rival was 2016 Yamaha XJR1300 "Racer 60th Anniversary". This was a new bike to it's owner (just 1500km) but it have no chances against my 14. But I assume, it was riders fault. We did 4 runs, and even my time was always better, his finale speed was sometimes higher then mine.

Regarding bike behavior:
1. This time I had stearing dumper (adjusted for max stiffness), and I did not have any wobbling, like I had last year. Good investment :)
2. This time, I had 17t engine sprocket, and better ajasted top end fueling. As a result max speed was 187.7 km/h, against last year's maximum 179.5 km/h. Positive modification :boogie:

So, today was a great day :)

P.S. Last picture is from modified Nitro Hayabusa, who elliminate me in final run  :grin:

Mick_J

Quote from: VladTepes on Thursday, 13 July  2017, 11:59 PM

The Japs don't like the Aussies  :whistling:
but they do like us  ;)
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

KiwiCol

Took my girl out for a ride, been ages what with it being winter & shite weather n all. Felt bloody good to be back riding, just really comfortable & 'at home' if ya know what I mean.
Started first pop & ran well, just stayed local & a wee bit of countryside - 1 nice wee burst of the throttle & rev'ed smoothly & pulled nicely to 160ish (on a closed private circuit of course)
When you haven't been on it for a while, it makes you realise they are a bloody good bike these 1400's.

Even took the GN250 out for a long overdue few laps round the neighbourhood - now that didn't start well at all, coughed & spluttered when it did start but settled down in about 5 min, then it ran smooth & rev'ed out to 8 grand without hic-up.

A beer to the 2 Suzuki's!
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

Red Biker

Quote from: northern on Monday, 17 July  2017, 06:58 AM
Wash, clean, wax...

Same for me Northern, first trip out for the latest Black bits 👍

Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

Reece

Fitted a few things 4 pot calipers and different mirrors.

KiwiCol

That's a lovely clean / shiny bike Reece. Very nice.  :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

northern

RED, even I dont like totally black bikes (as a color) your 14 is magnificent! Very neat and "complete".
Well done!  :onya:

northern

Cykik

I used gsxr 600 k3 calipers
Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Reece

Quote from: northern on Tuesday, 18 July  2017, 03:13 AM
@Reece
What model are your new calipers from?
From a 2002 z1000 work great better feel and better braking.

Red Biker

Quote from: northern on Tuesday, 18 July  2017, 03:11 AM
RED, even I dont like totally black bikes (as a color) your 14 is magnificent! Very neat and "complete".
Well done!  :onya:

Lol thanks Northern, high praise indeed 👍
I'm toying with the idea of coating the rear shocks this winter 😀
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk